Brooke County question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just wondering how can you tell the different units on The Brooke County Sheriff Frequency? I know each city goes by a number but I just don't know what they are. Also is 154.845 still the best frequency to pick the whole county up on? I have a hard time picking them at work on our new scanner. The fire frequency comes through fine though. Also does Bethany Campas police use a different frequency?

Thanks
John
WV DOH Dispatcher.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Found a frequency for Bethany College. Repeater output 464.375 NFM. Don't know if PD uses this.

Bethany College in WV? 464.375 isn't even licensed anywhere in OH/PA/WV. Something fishy about that to me. Where did you "find" this frequency?

m

n8jsw

Premium Subscriber
Bethany College PD runs on Brooke County 154.845 at least they use to

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
fcc.gov
WNBN655

Touche. Thanks. Not sure why I couldn't look that up in the RRDB. FCC license says "APPLICANT IS AN EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION RADIOS ARE USED FOR SECURITY AND MAINTENANCE DEPARTMENTS". So it might actually have some traffic of interest on it.

Mike

Thanks for the help so far guys. I put that Bethany frequency in a few minutes ago. The last question I have is what do the cities go by in Brooke County like Wellsburg, Bethany, Beech Bottom? I know the numbers of the fire stations but not for the police. Also do the link frequencies on data base page work for Brooke County?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Thanks for the help so far guys. I put that Bethany frequency in a few minutes ago. The last question I have is what do the cities go by in Brooke County like Wellsburg, Bethany, Beech Bottom? I know the numbers of the fire stations but not for the police. Also do the link frequencies on data base page work for Brooke County?

Any "link" frequencies were working when they were added. That could have been years ago. The only way to know if they are still active or not is to monitor them and see. The database relies upon submissions from people who actual hear things and submit the confirmed data. Obviously all data isn't guaranteed to be valid 10 years down the road.

I have no idea what the cities "go by." Maybe somebody else will chime in with further info.

Mike

n8jsw

Premium Subscriber
The link frequencies do work but you need to be close to to hear them and also I know that wellsburg and follansbee gets called out by brooke as the name if I remember correctly

n8jsw

Premium Subscriber
John i found this from a couple of years ago so it might still be up to date for Brooke

sheriff uses 1-17....this is how many active officers they have
Follansbee uses 80-89
wellsburgh uses 30 series
Beech bottom uses 60 series
Bethany uses 40 series
Bethany campus pd or securty uses UHF...which is the fire dispatch channel...i dont believe they have unit numbers...they refer to themselves as bethany securty.
WV state police use *** three digit numbers. (ex. 375) or for higher rank you may here a number like 012

Status
Not open for further replies.