Broome County, NY - Susquehanna & Bradford Counties in PA - Live Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbm

After several years of providing a 24/7 feed via Butel's ARC-EazyStream, I recently started a simultaneous feed (simulfeed?) on ScanAmerica.us

Broome County Sheriff, Fire, and EMS:
(or go to the home page and drill down through the maps)
http://broome.ny.scanamerica.us/index.php

It is also linked in Pennsylvania, in Susquehanna County.

For those who like text tags, the EazyStream feed will continue.

ScanAmerica.us offers the ease of not having to install any additional software packages. It will play using Windows Media Player, Winamp, etc. There is also an archive to allow downloads of past audio.

In the past, a number of people have asked about receiving my feed on a BlackBerry & iPhone.
This change will facilitate that since ScanAmerica.us also provides feeds for mobile devices (BlackBerry, iPhone or iPod Touch, Windows Mobile, PalmOS, and others).
This 'may' interest listeners worried about the New York scanner law.

The feed currently scans the following in the Binghamton, NY area and nearby Pennsylvania counties. Other areas will be added during any major incident, or by request.

In New York:

Broome Sheriff F-1
Broome Co. Fire
Broome Co. EMS
Binghamton - Police, Fire, EMS
Vestal - Police, Fire, EMS
NY State Police Troop C

In Pennsylvania:

Susquehanna County PD
Susquehanna County Fire/EMS Dispatch
Bradford County Fire/EMS Dispatch

ARC-EazyStream information:

Since support for EazyStream ended, the list of servers is no longer automatically downloaded when the client software is started. This caused problems for a number of people who didn't know the explicit server address and could no longer find the feed.

The EazyStream server information is listed below. If you have trouble finding the client software let me know.

scanbroomecounty.no-ip.org
Audio Port: 8100
Data Port: 8101

Rich

Last edited:

Kevinbb

PSAP-Retired
Premium Subscriber
I listened to your feed when it was on Butel's and now its even better on scan America. Thanks for the time and effort you put into this feed. It buffers once in a while but it always sounds clear. Its going to be an active feed this winter

Kevin - Albany NY

rbm

I listened to your feed when it was on Butel's and now its even better on scan America. Thanks for the time and effort you put into this feed. It buffers once in a while but it always sounds clear. Its going to be an active feed this winter

Kevin - Albany NY

Hi Kevin,
Thanks for the good words.

I'm also thinking of adding feeds on ScanAmerica for the following counties. (If I hear of enough interest to make it worthwhile.)

In New York:
Chenango (I already stream their dispatch on the Broome County Feed.)
Cortland
Tioga (I already stream their dispatch on the Broome County Feed.)

In Pennsylvania:
Bradford (I already stream their dispatch on the Broome County Feed.)
Lackawanna (this one is iffy)

Rich

Spume1616

Im have trouble with the eazystream client it is alternating green and red status lights every 4 secs or so???

any ideas what im doin wrong server is typed correctly with correct port any help would be apperciated i enjoy eazy b/c it shows what feq it is streamin when active you can email me at spume1616@yahooo.com or im me on aol at laxmid 83

thanks

rbm

Im have trouble with the eazystream client it is alternating green and red status lights every 4 secs or so???

any ideas what im doin wrong server is typed correctly with correct port any help would be apperciated i enjoy eazy b/c it shows what feq it is streamin when active you can email me at spume1616@yahooo.com or im me on aol at laxmid 83

thanks

I took the EazyStream feed down a few days ago. It seemed like most of the listeners had migrated to the ScanAmerica.us feed.

I 'should' have a day off this coming weekend and I'll make it a point to put it back online now that I know there's a desire for it.

Worst case, I'll stream the EazyStream feed from one of the other computers. (I have five of them running 24/7 and it doesn't take much horsepower to run a feed.) The EazyStream IP address & Ports will remain the same.

So, it WILL be active again before the end of the coming weekend.

I had trouble balancing the audio between ScanAmerica.us and EazyStream and my work schedule left me no time to work on it. I like to be able to monitor it for a period of time to make sure it's working well. (My work schedule has been running 10-12 hour days with little or no time off for the last two years and it may be that way for another three years or more.)

Rich

Spume1616

I took the EazyStream feed down a few days ago. It seemed like most of the listeners had migrated to the ScanAmerica.us feed.

I 'should' have a day off this coming weekend and I'll make it a point to put it back online now that I know there's a desire for it.

Worst case, I'll stream the EazyStream feed from one of the other computers. (I have five of them running 24/7 and it doesn't take much horsepower to run a feed.) The EazyStream IP address & Ports will remain the same.

So, it WILL be active again before the end of the coming weekend.

I had trouble balancing the audio between ScanAmerica.us and EazyStream and my work schedule left me no time to work on it. I like to be able to monitor it for a period of time to make sure it's working well. (My work schedule has been running 10-12 hour days with little or no time off for the last two years and it may be that way for another three years or more.)

Rich

Thanks alot ill start checking come sunday

Kevinbb

PSAP-Retired
Premium Subscriber
Hi Kevin,
Thanks for the good words.

I'm also thinking of adding feeds on ScanAmerica for the following counties. (If I hear of enough interest to make it worthwhile.)

In New York:
Chenango (I already stream their dispatch on the Broome County Feed.)
Cortland
Tioga (I already stream their dispatch on the Broome County Feed.)

In Pennsylvania:
Bradford (I already stream their dispatch on the Broome County Feed.)
Lackawanna (this one is iffy)

Rich

You're welcome Rich.

Maybe I'm reaching but I have a seasonal camp in Delaware Co near Gilboa. I was wondering if you can pick up Delaware NY So on 156.030, fire 46.06. Schoharie 155.730 SO, and Fire 46.18. If you can't, not a big deal because JPJ Electronics has a feed that covers a wide area of central NY at http://www.jpje.com/media/scanner.asx . I dispatch for SP down this way so its interesting listening to Troop C on your feed. Anything in PA is good. To bad most of the PASP has gone silent. There is a Lackawanna/ Luzurne PA feed but between the two of you, Central NY and Northern PA are well covered

Thanks again

Kev

rbm

You're welcome Rich.

Maybe I'm reaching but I have a seasonal camp in Delaware Co near Gilboa. I was wondering if you can pick up Delaware NY So on 156.030, fire 46.06. Schoharie 155.730 SO, and Fire 46.18. If you can't, not a big deal because JPJ Electronics has a feed that covers a wide area of central NY at http://www.jpje.com/media/scanner.asx . I dispatch for SP down this way so its interesting listening to Troop C on your feed. Anything in PA is good. To bad most of the PASP has gone silent. There is a Lackawanna/ Luzurne PA feed but between the two of you, Central NY and Northern PA are well covered

Thanks again

Kev

Hi Kev,
I've been trying to formulate a good plan for adding more online feeds.

I can receive Delaware County NY well enough for a feed and I've been thinking of adding that. I just didn't know if there would be interest in it. (So, since you asked about it, it will be more likely now.)

I just listened to Schoharie County NY a little and I suspect that I can select one of my antenna systems to favor it enough for a feed.

I have close to 40 scanners running 24/7 and two sound cards in each of the five computers. So I could add more feeds.

My limiting factor is that I like to log various activities using 3 or 4 of the scanners. so that leaves me the ability to 'potentially' run six feeds. (maybe more)

The biggest problem is trying to make each of them as useful & listenable as possible.

I can receive some or all signals from each of the counties below. There are others but these are what I routinely scan.
In New York:
Broome
Chemung
Chenango
Cortland
Delaware
Tioga
Tompkins

In Pennsylvania:
Bradford
Lackawanna
Luzerne
Susquehanna
Tioga
Wyoming

I've been thinking of adding a feed that includes at least Sheriff, Fire, and EMS dispatch for Chenango, Tioga, and Cortland counties.

I could add Delaware to that feed. (Depending on how active that all would be.) Or, possibly split that into two feeds. I've been fooling around a little listening to two feeds at once from ScanAmerica and it seems to work well. I open one from FireFox using WinAmp and the second from IE using Windows Media Player. So that adds to the possibilities.

Where I start having problems is that as I reach out further, I also receive other agency's communications on the same or adjacent frequencies.

For example, I was trying to listen to an event in Lackawanna County PA the other night.
The most active police frequency was 154.815. Right next to the Broome County Sheriff frequency at 154.800 (which runs about S9 +20 here).

The next most active frequency was 154.875. The same frequency as Chemung County NY P25 activity and another agency in Binghamton.

Even though I could separate the agencies by PL or Digital selections (on a BCD996T), the interference was causing break up. (I receive more than one signal on most VHF frequencies.)

Let me think it over for a week or so and if you don't see anything here about it, you can either PM me or post here. I'm always open to any and all suggestions.

Rich

rbm

Thanks alot ill start checking come sunday

The ARC-EazyStream feed is back online. I may have to make a few minor adjustments but I think it's good now.

I should also mention that Gordon at ScanAmerica.us has a program that will allow me to stream the Text Tags with my feed. (If you listen using Winamp or iTunes)

When I get time to set that up, my feed on ScanAmerica will have Text Tags for the active frequency. (It may be a week or so before I can get to that.)

Rich

Last edited:

rbm

You're welcome Rich.

Maybe I'm reaching but I have a seasonal camp in Delaware Co near Gilboa. I was wondering if you can pick up Delaware NY So on 156.030, fire 46.06. Schoharie 155.730 SO, and Fire 46.18.
Kev

Kev,

While it's not 'all thought out' yet:

I logged Schoharie County for a while last night and the signal quality was not what I would want to stream online. So, I'll scratch that county for the time being.

For Delaware county I can receive several of the Sheriff repeaters. (five of the six PL tones I have for them. Not 206.5) So, I would try running that with no PL.

I also logged Otsego county and that's a possibility.

Since I would have trouble receiving the low power activity, outside of Broome County, those feeds would primarily be:
Sheriff/Police Dispatch
Fire & EMS Dispatch

For VHF low frequencies, if they aren't using PL/DPL, I may or may not be able to stream them because I'd receive too many unwanted transmissions from outside of the desired area.

If I add those counties to my present feed, the listening could become disjointed and fragmented.

One possible solution is to run three different feeds. That would give listeners the ability to favor one direction or another.

* Broome County & South Feed:
Broome County, NY
Bradford County, PA
Susquehanna County, PA

* Broome County & NE Feed:
Broome County, NY
Chenango County, NY
Delaware County, NY
Otsego County, NY

* Broome County & NW Feed:
Broome County, NY
Cortland County, NY
Tioga County, NY
Chemung County, NY Including P25 activity - (Possibly/or partially)

Last edited:

rbm

I put a new feed on temporarily while I think over adding an additional feed(s). It will probably be online for this weekend.

Since it's only temporary, it's an ARC-EazyStream feed. The final feed will be moved to ScanAmerica.us

To listen to the temporary feed use the following server info. It's exactly the same as the Broome County feed EXCEPT for the different port numbers.

Audio Port: 8102
Data Port: 8103

This feed has the following New York counties plus three NYSEG sites. Those three sites won't be on the final feed.
(Those three sites are included at the request of several people who don't have digital scanners and have asked me what the new system sounds like.)

Chenango County
Cortland County
Tioga County
Delaware County
Otsego County
Chemung County - (Some P25)
NYSEG P25 sites 109, 115, and 119

If you like listening to a lot of stuff at one time, you can run a second instance of the EazyStream client with the following (original) ports. Or listen to the Broome County feed on ScanAmerica.us

This will give you the new feed AND the ScanBroomeCounty feed at the same time.

Rich

Note: Other Locations or systems may be added on the temporary feed from time to time.

rbm

Text tags are now available...

I've updated the 'Broome County Sheriff, Fire, and EMS' feed on ScanAmerica.us so it now displays text tags. (If you listen using WinAmp or iTunes.)

Since this change pretty much eliminates any ARC-EazyStream benefit, I've discontinued that feed.

Rich

tomathome

Premium Subscriber
Tompkins feed?

Hi
this is my first posting, so please bear with me. Is there any chance that you can feed Tompkins new digital system?

What would I need to pickup the Broome feed on my Blackberry World Edition phone?

Thanks for any help

Status
Not open for further replies.