Bucks county encryption

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeyperillo

Adrift in an analog world
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for being there, thanks for listening, Bob. Let's just hope it resolves itself - they know up here they have no need to fear the likes of us and any emergency personnel who like to keep a radio on at home..... (nobody has use for a $100 scanner from Walmart anymore).....don't forget our tete-a tete once the covfog clears.....if you need me I'll be outside of Target listening to their 100Mw walkies as they straighten out the aisles......(with my $700 radio).

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for being there, thanks for listening, Bob. Let's just hope it resolves itself - they know up here they have no need to fear the likes of us and any emergency personnel who like to keep a radio on at home..... (nobody has use for a $100 scanner from Walmart anymore).....don't forget our tete-a tete once the covfog clears.....if you need me I'll be outside of Target listening to their 100Mw walkies as they straighten out the aisles......(with my $700 radio).
Oh that makes me cringe. Here in Zone 1 in Bristol the borough has a private UHF repeater called borough radio. All the police talk frequently car to car and the mayor and OEM use it also. They've been pretty active tonight with Halloween and all and every time they talk I can hear the Zone 1 dispatcher in the background. It would be nice if one of them would sit on their microphone and have an open carrier for a while if you know what I mean.;)

joeyperillo

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure. But the 911 Director's email is on the County website. Feel free to ask her.
Thanks but I don't think she'll tell me.....I kinda rely on guys like you.....now I have to go back to listening to the drive up window at Wendy's in Doylestown with my $700 radio......

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Thanks but I don't think she'll tell me.....I kinda rely on guys like you.....now I have to go back to listening to the drive up window at Wendy's in Doylestown with my $700 radio......
Cashier calling line cook, come in line cook... "where's the beef?"... over.

There actually might be people here who don't get that reference but for some of the older guys that was a great ad.

joeyperillo

Premium Subscriber
Cashier calling line cook, come in line cook... "where's the beef?"... over.

There actually might be people here who don't get that reference but for some of the older guys that was a great ad.
But she was no Charlie the Tuna (not that I'd remember)

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Yes a little levity in an otherwise pretty sad situation but we should get back on topic. I'm really having withdrawal now and I wish I had the optimism that Dan has. I hope he's right but I think it's kicking the can down the road if they do come back.

I'll hold off selling my stuff, it's not like I don't listen to other things but without that core of listening to my own Zone and surrounding zones it's just strange to follow marine frequencies, New Jersey Forest firefighters, NJSP marine and Chopper talkgroups, Aviation Helo Unicom and news Chopper aviation frequencies and all the other great stuff I listen to on my six scanners next to my bed.

Without knowing what's going on on my own Street it just seems so strange to listen to all those other things. I guess we're all just waiting, I'm just thinking it's for something that's not going to be coming. We know what their intentions are, they have made up their mind it's just a matter if they're going to ensure safety of the other First Responders or not. Bummer.

We will just check everyday to see if there's any new news or new rumors.

joeyperillo

Premium Subscriber
Yes, Bob - I feel exactly the same....it actually makes me angry but what good does that do......on the other hand how else would I know there was a vehicle too heavy attempting to cross the bridge at Washington Crossing? There's some comfort in knowing they never sleep up there.....I'll be waiting to hear of our ex-patriot rendezvous - and of the possible re-emergence of Freedom In the Air(waves).

phillydjdan

And for other things to listen to, might I suggest the FRS/GMRS/MURS channels, those can be pretty interesting to listen to at times 😂

joeyperillo

Premium Subscriber
Question: NJSP traffic stop code - what is "48b?" Can't find it in state code for traffic.......

joeyperillo

Premium Subscriber
I wonder if it is this:
39 § 3-48

(b) The light from every required exterior lamp on a vehicle shall be visible from a distance of 500 feet in the directions set forth therefor in paragraph (d) of this section except that the light illuminating a license plate shall cause the license plate to be clearly legible from a distance of 50 feet to the rear.  Such visibility is not required when the light is obscured by another vehicle in a combination of vehicles

phillydjdan

Guys,

My Topic Departure Warning light is flashing. Can we veer back into the lane? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.