bugged house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warzardo

I moved just moved into a new house and I can always hear people talking, I was wondering if anyone know how to tap into audio like that with a scanner.. I did find one camera in my house and it was set at 60hz..

sdmay1980

Unless you're in a halfway house or under some sort of supervision then you need to contact your landlord to find out why the cameras are there. Hearing voices and noise from other apartments or houses is normal. If there is no one near you, then you should think about getting a psych evaluation as that is not normal and can be dangerous if not treated.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

prc117f

I moved just moved into a new house and I can always hear people talking, I was wondering if anyone know how to tap into audio like that with a scanner.. I did find one camera in my house and it was set at 60hz..

Most likely a poorly configured passive junction bug operating near the VLF spectrum and something in the house is acting as a diode demodulating the signal and the walls acting like speakers.

I would recommend you rent an Orion non linear junction detector and sweep the walls of the premises for any potential threat devices embedded in the wallspaces.

jwt873

Premium Subscriber

Need a bit more info... Is this a side-by-side house and you can hear the neighbors through the walls when they talk loudly?

What do you mean the camera was set to 60 Hz? Where was it?

greggk

Premium Subscriber
He said he was hearing voices and wanted to know if he could somehow tap a scanner into it. I am thinking (1) how could anyone possibly "tap" a scanner into some voices and (2) are you sure these voices are not coming from inside your head?

Australia4001 Where are the voices coming from ?
do they tell you to do things ?

LOL

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
It's probably just aliens. If you wrap your body in tin foil they can't hurt you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Most IP cameras now have 2 way audio. Now unless the person that installed the cameras is not very good with the system then the OP could be hearing the 2 way audio that was left on. I say contact the Police as some landlords are into spying and seeing things they have not right to see or hear.

bpckty1

If you are in an apartment building with a common air conditioner/heater, you could easily hear conversations from other apartments, unless the building was well-constructed and the builder anticipated the problem. Had that in an apartment I lived in. The most interesting incidents were my neighbor's choice of music. I showed him how to face/raise/support his speakers away from the intake vent to minimize the problem.

RFI-EMI-GUY

I recall someone going nearly nuts over something like that. Turns out the house had one of those wired intercoms with a radio and it was turned on and covered with new wallboard.

RFI-EMI-GUY

A freind in NJ bought a model home and found that the realtors had bugged the rooms so they could eavesdrop on prospective buyers

Delta33

Hmm...

Since Wuzardo hasn't responded to comments, maybe its because he was merely messing with us ? Or maybe the voices really Are in his head !

Darkstar350

A scanner with the "close call" feature could be useful - that would pick up a wireless mic or baby monitor and whatnot if something like that is running in the house...

Status
Not open for further replies.