Burlington County 700 MHz Project 25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
3201 has been active this morning, but all I'm hearing is some kind of underwater garble.
Update.... 10.50am now hearing 3104 garble.
3104 is encrypted. Its basically P-4 because their 500 tower is down. 3201 should be better than that but you may be experiencing distortion. What scanner do you have again and what town are you in?

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
BCD996 P2 in Burlington.
Unfortunately the 996P2 is a totally different animal than the SDS100 and Unication pagers. I suspect there could be two things happening here. Depending on where you are in Burlington City/Township you may be near a cell tower. Since LTE also operates on 700mhz these signals can cause overload on your 996 and cause garbled transmissions. There are a lot of cell towers in that area eapecially on Mt Holly Road from 295 toward the City. The other issue may be simulcast distortion. Basically the scanner picks up multiple repeaters at once on a slight time delay and gets confused. This may also show up as garbled and missed transmissions. I do know there is a repeater on the water tower near the River Line station off West Broad St at the base of the Burlington Bristol Bridge. But if you're more than a mile from it this may show up.

W2SJW

Database Admin
If you guys can start putting together a 'reasonable assumption' scenario for the LE talkgroups, please discuss/submit them when possible.

I'm assuming that the unit ID's are totally different on this system (so doing a direct cross-over from 500 would be out of the question)?

Also, my friend in Medford confirmed the hold-off on FD/EMS waiting until 7/29 to transition. The county chiefs are not happy with the programming for their fleet. Law enforcement is still a go for 7/9.

howie38

Premium Subscriber
Florence was on a call a little while ago. Their units come in clear here in the Boro.
I was around Tuckerton (West Creek) late this afternoon and picked up central talking to Florence with my 436 very clearly.
Still have to figure out what's going on with the 996 back home.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
I was around Tuckerton (West Creek) late this afternoon and picked up central talking to Florence with my 436 very clearly.
Still have to figure out what's going on with the 996 back home.
Your 436 was likely picking up the system from the single tower at Bass River NJSP Station on the GSP about 7 miles away.

rrpratt

Premium Subscriber
Never mind. I have to update to my favorites. Dumb me thought it would transfer automatically to my favorites.

howie38

Premium Subscriber
Just had some keying up on R-1, followed by Central calling 8041, but nothing after that.
At least I know now that I can hear Central on the 996

rrpratt

Premium Subscriber
Some roving tests being done currently. Moving from TGID 3202 thru 3205. Last voice said he was at the edge of Medford, I think. Then switching back to P1.
Anyone been copying chatter?

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
All northern units in Florence Bordentown and Mansfield were told to go over to the old system tonight at 1900. I'm now hearing lots of testing on the new system by radio techs. They're testing emergency activation and coverage. Interesting they would be testing coverage on a summer night since atmospheric conditions are so different than any other time. However these are the instances the time the old system has been particularly problematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.