Burlington County 700 MHz Project 25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
An announcement was made at 7 a.m. on the Bridge Commission police P48 talk group that the new system will go into effect at 0800, she also mentioned not to abuse the new radios.

I assume that was a countywide announcement, it wasn't one of the Bridge Commission dispatchers, they dispatch their own cars.

Police frequently use their old radios called F2... 151.01 127.3

I guess I'll hear them over there once in awhile.

rrpratt

Premium Subscriber
Between yesterday and today I have email from Zipscanners and ScannerMaster saying they have SDS 100 now in stock.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
So just by looking at the radio IDs on the encrypted PD channels and the channel numbers it looks like they are keeping the same regional channel format?

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Really sad I'm gonna miss listening to the police,I've been listening since i was 5 years old,so what do we have to do now? Download the new 700 mhz system to hear ems and fire now?
Yea it does suck. Fire/EMS are slated to switch on July 29 at 0800 hrs. You'll need a P25 Phase 2 voice capable scanner or Unication G4/G5 pager to monitor them.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Really sad I'm gonna miss listening to the police,I've been listening since i was 5 years old,so what do we have to do now? Download the new 700 mhz system to hear ems and fire now?
I absolutely agree with you, for some of us it can be absolutely devastating and for others they don't care, a lot of monitors don't even listen to police, they have their specialty area and for some, for specific reasons, listen to Fire and EMS only. I can appreciate that.

Although I have a very firm belief about why encryption is spreading like the virus I will keep that to myself.

I've been listening since I was 11 when I listened to one VHF low simplex 39.18 frequency on a tunable to hear the police in Abington PA and that was in the mid-60s. Never stopped listening since. It led to a lifetime career as a newspaper reporter and now I'm retired.

I've been listening to P1 and the Burlington Bridge Commission police P48 a long time. I live on the PA side of the Burlington-Bristol Bridge.

When the civil unrest started Bucks County went to full encryption with the promise they would return and they did but now we have partial encryption. Only dispatch channels in the clear and they go encrypted anytime they want when things get good. Often the cars forget to turn encryption off and leave it on for the whole shift, dispatchers try to remind them that they are on encryption as per radio room guidelines. When they were fully encrypted during the civil unrest it was pretty traumatic for me. I tried listening to the Fire and EMS and this just left me wanting more information.

I feel your pain, I'm sorry this has happened to you guys.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
I have the 436 hp uniden scanner,that would work right?
A 436 will in fact hear the new system. I'm a curious as to what the performance will be. That scanner works great on the Camden County 700 system. However on Gloucester County it seems to perform very poor in many areas. If you want to add the new system, you can do so by adding it from the Sentinel database and appending to favorites list. Response 1 is already active with live traffic from Bordentown Township, City, Mansfield and Florence Fire/EMS. Their site of the 500 system has been down and Central has no plans to repair it at this point.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I have the 436 hp uniden scanner,that would work right?
Maybe, in a fixed position if you are in the right location in proximity to a tower. You might need a yagi antenna pointed at one specific Tower. It might work just fine because again it is about location location location.

There's no Rhyme or Reason when you're dealing with simulcast distortion secondary to LSM. It depends on the system and your location. With the Bucks County system the x36 does not do well in a mobile situation but again it depends on your proximity to a tower or passing through towers.

The one radio made for P2 simulcast tdma systems is the SDSxxx. Go back a number of pages in this thread and there's lots of discussion on the x36 and the new system.

Danny6569

A 436 will in fact hear the new system. I'm a curious as to what the performance will be. That scanner works great on the Camden County 700 system. However on Gloucester County it seems to perform very poor in many areas. If you want to add the new system, you can do so by adding it from the Sentinel database and appending to favorites list. Response 1 is already active with live traffic from Bordentown Township, City, Mansfield and Florence Fire/EMS. Their site of the 500 system has been down and Central has no plans to repair it at this point.
Ok ty

Danny6569

Maybe, in a fixed position if you are in the right location in proximity to a tower. You might need a yagi antenna pointed at one specific Tower. It might work just fine because again it is about location location location.

There's no Rhyme or Reason when you're dealing with simulcast distortion secondary to LSM. It depends on the system and your location. With the Bucks County system the x36 does not do well in a mobile situation but again it depends on your proximity to a tower or passing through towers.

The one radio made for P2 simulcast tdma systems is the SDSxxx. Go back a number of pages in this thread and there's lots of discussion on the x36 and the new system.
Ty but I'm not spending anymore money at all on anything,if my 436 hp doesn't work ok then I'll just be done with it all

joey123

I’m not hearing any fire or EMS on the old system is the old system still up Plus I’m not hearing any fire EMS on the new system either

howie38

Premium Subscriber
Ty but I'm not spending anymore money at all on anything,if my 436 hp doesn't work ok then I'll just be done with it all
Picked up Central dispatch on my 436 last saturday when I was down the shore. Don't know if they'll be a problem with being too close to several towers back home. Wish there'd be more traffic on the new system so I can work out the bugs.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Bordentown was on the new system this morning 6094, but this afternoon they have been on the old system which was a call at the State Police Barracks.
Yea I'm wondering what the criteria is for responding on the 700 Response1. Like yesterday there was a call in Burlington Township on the new system. I hear E3023 responding...and then literally nothing after. So was that maybe patched in from the 500 North Response 1?

rrpratt

Premium Subscriber
Yea I'm wondering what the criteria is for responding on the 700 Response1. Like yesterday there was a call in Burlington Township on the new system. I hear E3023 responding...and then literally nothing after. So was that maybe patched in from the 500 North Response 1?
Well, district 30 is still working off of the 500 system and is part of the 7-29 switch. You know the reason for the delay is that fire/EMS won't cutover without mobile units, right?

comphouse

At the scene of a fire, firefighters will switch their radios to a Fireground channel. Here's the frequency for Fireground 1
769.00625. It's simplex, so you'll only hear it if you're nearby.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Well, district 30 is still working off of the 500 system and is part of the 7-29 switch. You know the reason for the delay is that fire/EMS won't cutover without mobile units, right?
I've actually heard quite a different story from my buddy in Medford. He's a past chaief & still an active member. There were only a few chiefs in the county consulted on the channel/zone layout that's been shown by you and myself here, and many other department chiefs are unhappy with the layout structure. Others are also showing proof that the new 6000's are difficult to use with structure gloves on when changing channels/zones to get off the response channel & on to the fireground ones. The existing XTS5000's are much easier in that aspect.

Many agencies will not have the mobiles installed until the fall at the earliest...

rrpratt

Premium Subscriber
I've actually heard quite a different story from my buddy in Medford. He's a past chaief & still an active member. There were only a few chiefs in the county consulted on the channel/zone layout that's been shown by you and myself here, and many other department chiefs are unhappy with the layout structure. Others are also showing proof that the new 6000's are difficult to use with structure gloves on when changing channels/zones to get off the response channel & on to the fireground ones. The existing XTS5000's are much easier in that aspect.

Many agencies will not have the mobiles installed until the fall at the earliest...
I'm sure that I've only been told part of the entire story.

Status
Not open for further replies.