Burlington County 700 MHz Project 25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve162

Premium Subscriber
I don't believe using or not using PL on the voice portion of F1 dispatches has to do with being patched to the P25 system. Camden County simulcasts their F1 (154.430) on the P25 system and they only use the PL when the tones are going out. The voice portion has no PL so you can hear it without having to listen to the tones.
You have that backwards, my friend.
No PL transmitted= you do not hear the tones
PL transmitted= you do hear the tones

I really wish they'd go back to the silent days. The tones annoy the crap out of me and I'm not certain why, I've been using and listening to these things for 45 years. Perhaps I'm getting cranky in my old age:unsure:

jeff

Premium Subscriber
The 500 mhz system is still up for patches, the Joint Base FD hasn't received their 700 radios yet (they have to buy their own) so they will operate on NE R1 for mutual aid responses. My niece who is a Virtua paramedic said they have no 700 mobiles just portables but the system works good.

joey123

Premium Subscriber
Any Idea who is response 12 I’m hearing tones then dispatch is giving out a call

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
BLS 809 went into Pennsauken earlier. They were patched over to CC North Ops on R12. The patch stayed up until the unit cleared the hospital.

joey123

Premium Subscriber
BLS 809 went into Pennsauken earlier. They were patched over to CC North Ops on R12. The patch stayed up until the unit cleared the hospital.
is response 12 still active right now I’m not listening to my scanner right now

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
The patch was taken down when 809 cleared the hospital so no.

Also a point of reference for anyone listening to the South Simulcast. It does carry all the traffic that the North Simulcast does. Unless there is a call in the southern end on a response channel also used for another call on the northern side at the time, you'll miss a lot of activity going on west of Pemberton or west of Tabernacle. Response 1 is always active on both sites.

Receptionwise, even the SDS scanner has a tough time handling the new system more than about 6 miles outside the county. However, the Unication device has picked it up well into Gloucester County. In fact I've heard a report the system had 2 way communication into Swedesboro. Also heard a report of good reception into Ewing Mercer County.

howie38

Premium Subscriber
The patch was taken down when 809 cleared the hospital so no.

Also a point of reference for anyone listening to the South Simulcast. It does carry all the traffic that the North Simulcast does. Unless there is a call in the southern end on a response channel also used for another call on the northern side at the time, you'll miss a lot of activity going on west of Pemberton or west of Tabernacle. Response 1 is always active on both sites.

Receptionwise, even the SDS scanner has a tough time handling the new system more than about 6 miles outside the county. However, the Unication device has picked it up well into Gloucester County. In fact I've heard a report the system had 2 way communication into Swedesboro. Also heard a report of good reception into Ewing Mercer County.
Pick up central broadcasts on LBI last night on the handheld while in the car, but couldn't pick up the mobiles until I got back up to New Lisbon

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Pick up central broadcasts on LBI last night on the handheld while in the car, but couldn't pick up the mobiles until I got back up to New Lisbon

In theory you should be able to hear both since all the transmissions are being simulcasted on the system. Perhaps one or more of the individual voice channels does not propagate very well to LBI. When I was down there earlier this month I had intermittent reception of the system bit I could hear both mobiles and central.

howie38

Premium Subscriber
In theory you should be able to hear both since all the transmissions are being simulcasted on the system. Perhaps one or more of the individual voice channels does not propagate very well to LBI. When I was down there earlier this month I had intermittent reception of the system bit I could hear both mobiles and central.
Picked up everything real nice up at Mercer park West Windsor today.

rrpratt

Premium Subscriber
I'm waiting for the South Jersey Net, F1 and Mediq tg's to be turned on.
Regarding your comment, all portables sound like they have masks on and I know they don't.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
I'm waiting for the South Jersey Net, F1 and Mediq tg's to be turned on.
Regarding your comment, all portables sound like they have masks on and I know they don't.
SJ NET was active during a LZ assignment in Southampton last week. The medic channel may or may not be used. So far all Medcom activity has been on R1. Definitely looking forward to the F1 patch as 154.22 sounds all crappy again here on the border. I'm having to resort to using the phone app for F1.

Status
Not open for further replies.