Byron Maine oxford county

Status
Not open for further replies.

RidgeRunner

I see where the county has a dispatch freq, but I am looking for and if Byron FD has their own freq.

Thanks
Robert

W4KSR

RidgeRunner said:
I see where the county has a dispatch freq, but I am looking for and if Byron FD has their own freq.

Thanks
Robert

Nope. It's all dispatched by Oxford County.

RidgeRunner

hmm..

OK I thought that no one was allowed to talk on that freq it was dispatch only. I thought maybe they had their own channel, but its possible this is true and they use st fire or something for ops.
Thank you

(Unless things have changed in the four years since I was a Rumford Firefighter) Many of the smaller towns in northern Oxford County use either a town channel, or the county EMA freq. (153.995) as a fireground. However, as Byron FD is a very small department, any "large scale" calls (such as a building fire) will require mutual aid from other towns. In that case, all departments would use STATE FIRE as the primary fireground, and use their own local channels for secondary firegrounds (if necessary), and to be able to talk back to their respective HQ. County Fire is also still used to keep Oxford RCC updated. For minor calls, however, county-dispatched towns usually just stay on County Fire (unless Oxford RCC tells them otherwise)

Status
Not open for further replies.