Cable adapter for BCD9962p/BCT15x for data transfer help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mesocyclone

Most of the time Windows will automatically install the proper driver for a USB device when you plug it in, especially if it is from a well-known manufacturer. Windows 10 is almost Mac-like when it comes to this. (High praise from a dedicated Apple Fanboy like me!)
Note that my Windows is in a VM (VMWare) - on my Macbook :)

N9JIG

Sheriff
Note that my Windows is in a VM (VMWare) - on my Macbook :)
I use Parallels on my MBA and my Mini2018. It works great for everything I have tried except for some reason I cannot get Virtual Control to work with either ARC-xx or ProScan. Maybe this weekend I will try it in BootCamp.

I don't have Fusion anymore, have you tried Virtual Control in Fusion with either ProScan or ARC products?

mesocyclone

I use Parallels on my MBA and my Mini2018. It works great for everything I have tried except for some reason I cannot get Virtual Control to work with either ARC-xx or ProScan. Maybe this weekend I will try it in BootCamp.

I don't have Fusion anymore, have you tried Virtual Control in Fusion with either ProScan or ARC products?
If you mean controlling the scanner from the application in Windows... yes with ProScan. But, I don't know if that's what you mean by Virtual Control.

N9JIG

Sheriff
Virtual Control has a depiction of the screen and keyboard in software that allows you to control and manipulate the scanner in real time from the computer. It is useful in remote access situations as well as for my purposes where I have a bunch of scanners in a cabinet behind me.

It works fine on my true Windows computers (currently a couple of Intel NUC's) but I have not been able to make it work on the Mac using Parallels. Of course I have not spent a whole lot of time recently trying it, maybe this weekend I will dig into it a little more and see what happens.

mesocyclone

That's what I have working on my Mac with VMWare Fusion. On those VM platforms, you have to get the VMM to forward the USB connection to the virtual machine. And, of course, you may need device drivers. I've had a lot of trouble at times, but lately, I've ben using both the serial USB adapter I mentioned, for my BCD996XT, the Uniden USB adapter for my BCT15X, and a regular USB cable for the BCD536HP - all with minimal hassle.

tumegpc

Attachments

• 81-7G4bpXyL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    81-7G4bpXyL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.