Cannot Get Unitrunker + DSD+ to work? Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScubaJungle

Im at my wits end, dont know what else to do. Ive tried the newer versions, older ones, I seem to have the best luck with the last release on the website, shown in the screenshot. I cant seem to find many listed control channels for Hillsborough county to begin with, and when I do put in channels, no other frequencies come up. Is this because they arent a control channel? Shouldnt I be seeing other frequencies? Also, nothing is happening in DSD+ now. Im at the point Im ready to pay someone to teamviewer set it up for me, and I never have issues setting up PC/software related things.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Version 2.x of Unitrunker will decode a EDACS system and output either analog or ProVoice audio natively - no need for DSD. Version 2.x will also allow you to download data from the RRDB into the software to define talkgroups and system frequencies without you having to type them in manually, although you have to be a paid member of RadioReference. V1 no longer supports downloading data, due to a security change on the RRDB side, and UT1 is essentially legacy software now and rarely updated.

However, Hillsborough is transitioning to a P25 Phase 2 system in the near future, so you will lose the ability to hear voice when that happens. V2.x doesn't officially support piping voice through DSD to decode P2 voice, although some people have reported they have successfully done so.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
V2.x doesn't officially support piping voice through DSD to decode P2 voice, although some people have reported they have successfully done so.
Impossible. There is no mechanism to pipe P25 Phase II audio out of UT 2.x into DSD+. In fact, not only will UT not pipe it out (because UT it will never tune to a TDMA traffic channel), but DSD+ explicitly states that P25 Phase II decoding is only possible via TCP linking with FMPx.

Anyone claiming that DSD+ is decoding P25 Phase II audio from Unitrunker 2.x is wrong.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Impossible. There is no mechanism to pipe P25 Phase II audio out of UT 2.x into DSD+. In fact, not only will UT not pipe it out (because UT it will never tune to a TDMA traffic channel), but DSD+ explicitly states that P25 Phase II decoding is only possible via TCP linking with FMPx.

Anyone claiming that DSD+ is decoding P25 Phase II audio from Unitrunker 2.x is wrong.
Read the claims, have not tried personally - perhaps they are actually hearing FDMA traffic on a Phase 2 system. I'll accept that it is impossible. Not a big deal for me because I only use UT2 for logging data, and prefer it over other solutions for this task.

cg

Premium Subscriber
In the screen shot you haven't populated the frequency field for all the EDACS channels. Use the channel tab and match the correct LCN to frequency. EDACS does not transmit frequency in the control channel

slicerwizard

Yep, definitely not going to happen. Easy to verify - link FMPx and DSD+ via a virtual audio cable and park FMPx on a channel that's carrying Phase II traffic and see what DSD+ does(n't)...

Status
Not open for further replies.