SDS100/SDS200: Cant scan when I disable full database. Sentinel

darthgarlic

Premium Subscriber
I have all my frequencies in favorites lists. However when I go to "Select lists to monitor" then disable "Full Database" but keep the rest of the favorites on, I get "nothing to scan". I have been through the Uniden troubleshooting and am getting nowhere.

I would like to scan my favorites but without the full database.

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
Yes I did, I followed the instructions for this problem, it says to set a location, I do that and the full database gets re enabled.
Setting a location will not turn on full database. Turning off full db on scanner and then writing from Sentinel again where full db is on will though.

If it isn’t one of the ~20 points in that link, then I don’t have any other suggestions. Sorry.

radiochuck

Traffic Reporter
Premium Subscriber
Service types and quick keys are usually the culprit for me. After that I check location settings. If you’re sure the quick keys are enabled, then that should take care of “Select lists to monitor.”

darthgarlic

Premium Subscriber
Im sure I dont have any quick keys assigned now that I checked it. Im not sure how to enable them but I will search for the answer.

radiochuck

Traffic Reporter
Premium Subscriber
You could also try pressing the Zip button and entering your zip/postal code and saying NO to enabling full database. Other than that, I don’t know.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
it says to set a location, I do that and the full database gets re enabled.
When you go to set location, and enter a zip code, its says
Confirm?
Full Database is off.
Turn on Full Database?
Yes="E" / No="."

Are you selecting No?

radiochuck

Traffic Reporter
Premium Subscriber
Also, if you were using Sentinel, I would recommend opening it up and turning on all of those quick keys (or removing the QK assignments), so you’re not right back where you started the next time you write to the radio.

I love that the SDS100 offers multiple ways to filter what you want to hear, but you have to pay attention and know what is turned on and what is not.

I’ve been using these DMA radios for a long time, and they still trick me once in a while.