Centre County P25 Trunking Control Channel Traffic

JethrowJohnson

Is there a setting so they don't mute the audio for encryption? I have a 996P2 also and quite often when I have it running through my computer filters it cleans up the audio so I can understand 30 - 50% of it.
Even if there were a setting for that, which there isn't, I don't think it would work, and I'm pretty sure it would be illegal anyway. Sorry.

LGolder

Feed Provider
You have a filter that decodes encryption? I’d like the make and model number please.
It's not a filter itself it's just a broadcast software used for sharing to the web but it has processing in it that filter the audio..

Also "Defeating encryption" is not against the law especially when you have access to the system key and could program up your own APX if you really wanted too...

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
It's not a filter itself it's just a broadcast software used for sharing to the web but it has processing in it that filter the audio..

Also "Defeating encryption" is not against the law especially when you have access to the system key and could program up your own APX if you really wanted too...

And it let’s you decrypt encryption? Or am I completely confused???

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I can feel the brain cells melting away as I read this thread. Good grief. 🤦‍♂️

Is there a setting so they don't mute the audio for encryption? I have a 996P2 also and quite often when I have it running through my computer filters it cleans up the audio so I can understand 30 - 50% of it.

Yeah, no. There is no "audio filter" that is going to decrypt/defeat/clean up digital encryption. Oh and system keys have absolutely nothing to do with encryption.