CFD Apparatus status

ENGINE_4

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure when it happened but within the last few days or weeks Station 44 in Livingston in now operational

Ghostpolice24

YYC Filmer
I'm not sure when it happened but within the last few days or weeks Station 44 in Livingston in now operational
Yep, got their first (false) structure fire response earlier today. Also Engine 14 is occasionally at Hall 24 and when they are 24 Engines out of service and vice versa. Is this due to the whole budget cut ordeal still?

Oh ya, major turn out to that 4th alarm fire that occurred on Sherwood Pl couple days ago

Ghostpolice24

YYC Filmer
Engine 60 has moved to 24 Station as a second Engine from what I understand, or they just jump stations still during rush hour and depending on call volume.

Another Emergency Response YouTuber was saying (from their father who's in CFD,) that they will no longer be calling Aerials "Aerials" soon. Instead, they will be Towers or Ladders, depending on if they are a Bucket Aerial or not. For example, Aerial 25, 31, and 19 will be called Towers, and anything like Aerial 1, 6 and 23 etc, will be called Ladders. No idea if this is 100% confirmed, but it's possible.

Ghostpolice24

YYC Filmer
ALSO just to add one more thing: They put the MRUs to good use, one of the former MRUs were used as a replacement to the Battalion Chiefs 2013 Explorer. I believe the others are probably being used for similar in regards to like.. A new Safety Chief SUV etc.

Ghostpolice24

YYC Filmer
It seems they're also adding more rigs to fire calls and alarms. A Delta Structure Fire Tone Out had 4 Engines, 2 Aerials, 1 Rescue, 1 HAZMAT, 1 FRP, and 2 District Chiefs. It used to be 2 or 3, but I guess it also depends on the Structure size and an alarm Tone Out offered 3 Engines, 2 Aerials and 1 Rescue.

ENGINE_4

Premium Subscriber
Any commercial (and residential?) hise-rise building downtown should always be getting 3 Engines, 2 Aerials and a Rescue. But depending on what's being reported, the number of calls and the area the call is in, you might see a whole working fire response go.
I've seen the Delta structure response with 4 Engines and the rest of the working fire assignment at a residential structure call in the NE a few months ago. Turned out to be a barbeque had flashed over a little and that was it. No victims, no fire. I believe it's really up to the dispatchers discretion sometimes.

technocardy

Is CFD testing out some new kind of coverage system or is all of the 14/24/60 cascading and covering due to the Stn 14 renos? I've heard multiple times that Engine X (14/24, can't recall) being OOS for the night.

Kinda confused about what is happening down there.

ENGINE_4

Premium Subscriber
I believe it's for the reno's. There is a temporary structure and ATCO Gas trailer set up just north of the station for crews. If trucks are going OOS for the night then there is probably some staffing issues going on as well.

Does anyone have info on the grass fire by the airport that happened today? I heard it was pretty big

Ghostpolice24

YYC Filmer
I believe it's for the reno's. There is a temporary structure and ATCO Gas trailer set up just north of the station for crews. If trucks are going OOS for the night then there is probably some staffing issues going on as well.

Does anyone have info on the grass fire by the airport that happened today? I heard it was pretty big
No info on that grass fire, but there was another rather large grass fire in the Southeast tonight [around 12amish] E9 E16 E23 BB23 BB19 and T25 [Which I got photos and videos of, one of my proudest catches] were on scene.

ENGINE_4

Premium Subscriber
I drove by 14 Station last night. Engine 24 was in it.There is only room for one engine in that tent

ENGINE_4

Premium Subscriber
No Aerial in 16. It's still Engine 16, mobile training truck, and Central Chief out of the front. Hazmat support (Goo truck), Pod 1 and mobile fan out of the rear bays. I do wonder if the new "Lease" Aerial is in the city though (possibly at training?) a have seen a few new Engines on Deerfoot making there way up to Red Deer over the last few weeks

Cochrane_Fire_Buff

Bow Valley Fire Buffing
For those interested. Eau Claire (Station 6) finally got their Aquatic Rescue back from whatever was going on. They had the Special Events truck for a while running as the Aquatic Rescue.
Another question, when CFD was running the Special Events truck as the Special Events truck (Not as a spare for Aquatic or MRU when that was still a thing) what is exactly the main purpose of it?

ENGINE_4

Premium Subscriber
Originally the Special Events truck was a newer style (trial) mini pumper. It served as Engine 36 back in 2006. CFD was trying out mini-pumper/snuffer (CAFS) units to see if they could replaced bigger Engines. It failed.
CFD then moved the truck to Station 13 and it served as more of a bush buggy out of 13 on the city side for it bit.. then I think it went into the spare bush buggy pool or served as a bush buggy/second pumper at 28 Station so it could respond to calls on Nose Hill. Eventually it was stripped of its pump, tank, gear and served as MRU 1 until the Chevy's came in. Now its more of just a spare for Aquatic 6 - basically a spare mini Rescue truck. It has no pump or tank on it.

Does anyone know where Engine E31 16 is? It was serving as Engine 61 before it was disbanded but I don't know where it is now.. possibly at 35 Station?

Also, Cochrane_Fire_Buff if you look/ read from the beginning of this forum there should be more info and pictures of the Special Events unit back in its original set-up and such.

Ghostpolice24

YYC Filmer
I've been wondering myself about the whereabouts of the old Engine 61. I'm also curious as to what would be the Tenders spare rig..? Would it be a spare Bush buggy, engine or the 2002 Sterling?

ENGINE_4

Premium Subscriber
A spare Engine takes the place of a Tender when either Tender is OOS. In the past though (before all the extra spare engines) bush buggies were used as spares for Aerials and sometimes Tenders

Cochrane_Fire_Buff

Bow Valley Fire Buffing
Firefighters at Station #8 were nice enough to pull out all of their rigs for me.

Engine 8:

Bush Buggy 8 ("Newer Style"):

Rescue 8:
Calgary Fire Department Rescue 8

Aerial 8:
Calgary Fire Department Aerial 8

Another bit of info. One of the Senior Firefighters at #8 was telling me about how they are getting new "stick ladders" as he called them (without pumps) as well as the actual platforms (which Calgary has already put out a RFP for).

And a question. Is anyone here know if CFD has any plans on ordering new Bush Buggys at all? I know they currently have 2 of the 2015 styles (stations #8, and #31) plus the 3 2010 styles (stations #17, #19, #23) plus a couple spares.

I feel like the 3 2010s are starting to get up there in terms of age, although I know the hours would be fairly low considering that the call volume for them is significantly lower then engines, aerials, rescues, etc. So going back to the first part is there any possible that CFD would be getting a few more new bush buggys to replace the 2010s?