Chester County P25

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
I was looking at the FCC licenses recently and it appears that Site 10.10 may be a 800MHz Countywide Simulcast cell and Site 30.30 may be a 700MHz Countywide Simulcast cell. Has anyone noticed this change when recieving the system? Or are the sites currenty East/Cent and West?

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
They are/have been licensed for more locations than have been confirmed to be in use. I'd say the DB as it currently stands listed is correct.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
I was looking at the FCC licenses recently and it appears that Site 10.10 may be a 800MHz Countywide Simulcast cell and Site 30.30 may be a 700MHz Countywide Simulcast cell. Has anyone noticed this change when recieving the system? Or are the sites currenty East/Cent and West?
I will say when I'm in Oxford area the "west" 700 side comes in better and there are places where the 800 site does not come in. When I'm in KOP/Valley Forge its the opposite. So the database is correct. Interestingly enough there are parts of South Jersey in southeastern Gloucester County that receive both 700 and 800 sites.

magiclightman

Premium Subscriber
I will say when I'm in Oxford area the "west" 700 side comes in better and there are places where the 800 site does not come in. When I'm in KOP/Valley Forge its the opposite. So the database is correct. Interestingly enough there are parts of South Jersey in southeastern Gloucester County that receive both 700 and 800 sites.
Took a department vehicle down to Dover DE for a class one weekend, it was pretty quiet enough to the point where there wasnt any traffic on West Fire. Needless to say I found out that the West Simulcast reached to the DSFS in Dover loud and clear when the 1k tone went out at full volume for a EMS call.