Chevy Silverado 2014 Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

guttapercha

This is awesome. I'm working on my '16 Silverado, but a much more modest console.
Quick question: which pillar did you run your coax down?

sfd119

This is awesome. I'm working on my '16 Silverado, but a much more modest console.
Quick question: which pillar did you run your coax down?

There are two coax running into the scanners down the passenger A piller. The rest are split between both sides of the truck coming down the rear and under the rear bench seat to where the radios & vehicle repeaters are located.

guttapercha

There are two coax running into the scanners down the passenger A piller. The rest are split between both sides of the truck coming down the rear and under the rear bench seat to where the radios & vehicle repeaters are located.

Super - thank you! I fashioned a console from plywood and upholstered with trunk liner (removed the little glove box/12V to make more space). Currently working on the faceplate, but still haven't had time to put holes in the roof. That Gamber console is the bee's knees.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
SFD119,

Very nice! You could be my new hero... if only it were a Ford;)

sfd119

What did you do for speakers?

I'm assuming you're talking about for the radios? They're at the front end of the console. I have two XTLs so two speakers. If you look at the picture of the Master Switch with ChargeGuard, you can see the one.

rki616

I'm assuming you're talking about for the radios? They're at the front end of the console. I have two XTLs so two speakers. If you look at the picture of the Master Switch with ChargeGuard, you can see the one.

Tnx, I'm getting ready to copy your setup but I'll be running:
Xpr7550 vhf
Xpr7550 uhf
Astro spectra 800
Radio shack scanner
Kenwood tmd710g

I've ordered the console and a pile of antennas and accessories to go with it.

I don't generally run or need warning lights for what I do so I'll probably skip the switch panel.

Seeing your setup gave me the final push I needed to actually install everything into this truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.