CHP CAD Sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

efeno

So I know that the CHP has CAD easter eggs like the Mario coin sound, but I've been trying to find an audio sample of the CAD call sound. It's the tone that I think has four notes and plays when a new call comes up.

Does anyone know what the sound is called or where I can find a good audio file so I can download it?

d119

Patch & Channels Clear...
The coin sound indicates a message has been received. The four-tone (all four are the same) "blip" indicates the extender is on.

There are other "mario" sounds in the system as well, but you don't hear them over the air very often.

efeno

The coin sound indicates a message has been received. The four-tone (all four are the same) "blip" indicates the extender is on.

There are other "mario" sounds in the system as well, but you don't hear them over the air very often.
Oh ok so it’s not what I was told, it’s the extender on tone. Ok good to know. Do you know of any places I can find that sound?

d119

No, I don't. You could try and record it off the air if you get a clean sample, or perhaps just approach a CHP officer if you see one and ask him to turn his extender on while you record it.

You'd be surprised at how obliging most CHP officers will be when it comes to showing off their stuff. Just don't be a nutcase and you'll probably get what you want. They are people, too.

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
No, I don't. You could try and record it off the air if you get a clean sample, or perhaps just approach a CHP officer if you see one and ask him to turn his extender on while you record it.

You'd be surprised at how obliging most CHP officers will be when it comes to showing off their stuff. Just don't be a nutcase and you'll probably get what you want. They are people, too.
I think a cop that gets that request is going to wonder what the person is going to use it for. The things that immediately come to mind are not good.

efeno

I think a cop that gets that request is going to wonder what the person is going to use it for. The things that immediately come to mind are not good.
Well the blip sound is my favorite and I have the coin sound as my ringtone, so I was going to replace it with that. I'm also a stringer so they wouldn't be concerned at all. I also can't think of any negative ways that the sound could be used, as a normal person wouldn't know it exists

d119

Well the blip sound is my favorite and I have the coin sound as my ringtone, so I was going to replace it with that. I'm also a stringer so they wouldn't be concerned at all. I also can't think of any negative ways that the sound could be used, as a normal person wouldn't know it exists

If you're a stringer and are in the presence of CHP officers as part of your activities, I highly recommend not having sounds that sound like their equipment on your phone. It can be very confusing and distracting during stressful situations. I had the VESTA 911 ringtones on my phone for some time, and I worked in a lot of dispatch centers that used that equipment. Some of the dispatch staff in certain places were NOT amused. But I was a lot younger back then.

brcoz

Premium Subscriber
Just a note for ringtones. I assigned my daughter a ringtone of a long fart sound. I was in Las Vegas working at a hospital installing computer equipment and I went to eat a the hotel restaurant. As I walked by a table she called. I noticed on the third ring. LOL

Ilikeradiostuff

Premium Subscriber
I have had great experience with simply asking public safety questions about their radios, of course do not seem crazy and you should be fine, many want to show off or are happy to oblige someone interested in them, and yes I would not have a similar noise as my ringtone, a good example of this is not having a ringtone of a FDs tones, then you get a call and FFs jump up

Status
Not open for further replies.