CHP Office/Post Map

RadioDitch

Field Operations Member
Premium Subscriber
Hey all,

Does anyone have a resource or a map that accurately displays, in detail, the boundaries of each CHP office's/post's patrol area? I'm well aware of the generic map on the CHP site, but does anyone have a detailed map or listing by milepost or exit of where the boundaries for each office/post are? Specifically interested in the Border Division and Inland Division.

Thanks!

mibzzer15

Here are a series of maps through the ARCGIS mapping system.

Map Viewer #1

Map Viewer #2

Map Viewer #3

If you have some time, open these up in the mapviewer, click the "add layers" button, and search through the "ArcGIS Online" database (not the Living Atlas) for more CHP related maps. Use the search terms of "CHP" and "California Highway Patrol" and any other terms you can think of that relate to CHP. There are plenty more maps available for city, state, county maps, law enforcement, fire maps, etc. etc. etc.....

tkenny53

If you can find an old copy of Gene Hughes scanner book, there used to be a real good map of frwys based on each office, in SoCal.

radiochuck

Traffic Reporter
Premium Subscriber
Here are a series of maps through the ARCGIS mapping system.

Map Viewer #1

Map Viewer #2

Map Viewer #3

If you have some time, open these up in the mapviewer, click the "add layers" button, and search through the "ArcGIS Online" database (not the Living Atlas) for more CHP related maps. Use the search terms of "CHP" and "California Highway Patrol" and any other terms you can think of that relate to CHP. There are plenty more maps available for city, state, county maps, law enforcement, fire maps, etc. etc. etc.....
I don't know who created these maps, but THANK YOU! This is exactly what I was looking for. I would love to learn how to create maps like this. I'll be looking for more info on how to do that. Any advice would be much appreciated. I'm not a GIS guy, so I have a lot to learn ,but would be eager to do so.

I used these maps to setup a location-basd CHP faves list for my SDS100 in Sentinel. I didn't make it my life's work, but it's as good as I could do with drawing rectangles over areas that aren't rectangular. I'd be happy to post the .hpe file somewhere, if anyone would like to use it.

radiochuck

Traffic Reporter
Premium Subscriber
I posted this in a different section, but it seems more appropriate here. I have also made some updates. The earlier post goes like this here...

This is a pretty thorough list of the California Highway Patrol. It's all off the radio areas and divisions for the entire state of California, with some pretty tight geo rectangles aroud each. I hope someone can benefit from my work and that of whomever created the map I used to do the work.

California Highway Patrol - Statewide [Geo] (.hpe format)

Also, I don't want to see this turn into a debate over the best way to setup a faves list. My needs are very specific, so I set it up the way I need it. Feel free to modify the list to suit your specific needs.

markclark

Premium Subscriber
I posted this in a different section, but it seems more appropriate here. I have also made some updates. The earlier post goes like this here...

This is a pretty thorough list of the California Highway Patrol. It's all off the radio areas and divisions for the entire state of California, with some pretty tight geo rectangles aroud each. I hope someone can benefit from my work and that of whomever created the map I used to do the work.

California Highway Patrol - Statewide [Geo] (.hpe format)

Also, I don't want to see this turn into a debate over the best way to setup a faves list. My needs are very specific, so I set it up the way I need it. Feel free to modify the list to suit your specific needs.
What kind of App is a .hpe format?