CHPD x-ray?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHBill

Please excuse me if this has been covered before, but I found nothing in the search function that answers my question.

While monitoring the Citrus Heights PD channels, I frequently hear the term x-ray. Usually pertaining to a detainee. What does this mean?

Thanks, Bill.

Sac916

CHBill said:
Please excuse me if this has been covered before, but I found nothing in the search function that answers my question.

While monitoring the Citrus Heights PD channels, I frequently hear the term x-ray. Usually pertaining to a detainee. What does this mean?

Thanks, Bill.

In regards to a "person" it's a common term for a female.

In regards to a "vehicle" it's a common term for an unmarked vehicle.

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
X Ray

It comes from human genetics...
Men have XY chromosomes on their DNA
Women have XX chromosomes on their DNA, hence the term X, for the two X chromosomes.

radio10-8

10-98Xray is a clearing code used by some agencies to reflect that you were an EXTRA unit on the call, you have no paperwork or reports to write for that call and your back in service completed the last assignment

ECPD279

Premium Subscriber
gdjelin said:
Women have XX chromosomes on their DNA, hence the term X, for the two X chromosomes.

Huh? You make cops sound like scientists! There must me a simpler explanation.

We do use X-ray for females. We also use X to mean the station. For instance, "Show me X for a few" means I'll be out at the station for a few minutes. But that, I think, is unique to the east bay.

commstar

Premium Subscriber

So I guess one could also be a lone female, unmarked, second unit on scene with an x-ray machine ? Seriously folks.......

The vernacular 'X' for the station is indigenous to Richmond PD and not an east
bay thing any more than MCR's, SPA or PAC's are an east bay thing. No other agency besides RPD and those they dispatch perhaps EC/SP use 'X' to denote station.

When working in West COCO many moons ago the word was that the term orginated in the circa late 60's just after they got portable radios; On the units punch card the practice was for dispatchers (who were mostly lazy/broken cops back then) would to make an 'X' rather than write out RPD or Station or just 'S'. Since sloppy 'S''s can look like 6's which means 'on portable' they wrote X instead to avoid confusion. Cops will do anything to avoid writing and this is perhaps an example of cop laziness/efficiency becoming cop language.

Therefore, I would respectfully assest that 'X' is a West Co Co thang not an east bay thing. ECPD never said X when they were dispatched by COCO S/O (or themselves across the hall from Blevins office) and San Pablo was the same when they dispatched themselves from the fishbowl in the adobe- no 'X' in thier vocabulary but now there is. Its a Richmond thing. MCR23, 10-8.

cristisphoto

gdjelin said:

Took the word out of my mouth LOL
Except it's too bad theydon't have an term other than he for persons born ntersexed :roll: :p

Crista

Status
Not open for further replies.