City of Houston Project 25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

adcockfred

ok here we are after 3 days of bad R F. it is finally turning back to fair. the troops are just having to repeat to get it right . personally i think it is a total mess. HPD distatch seems to have fixed the volume problem. and some females are gone on some mikes. on nights . tonight it was our nightly bot-net attack. the new nbts ran a good long while on the 19000 baub to get to total breach, which happened last night. in the end all the units that could not get back on had to call the I P for personal tutering to get on new link. and 2A60 was not allow back on.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
ok here we are after 3 days of bad R F. it is finally turning back to fair. the troops are just having to repeat to get it right . personally i think it is a total mess. HPD distatch seems to have fixed the volume problem. and some females are gone on some mikes. on nights . tonight it was our nightly bot-net attack. the new nbts ran a good long while on the 19000 baub to get to total breach, which happened last night. in the end all the units that could not get back on had to call the I P for personal tutering to get on new link. and 2A60 was not allow back on.

Again, I don't have the proper key to decode this. But it appears some of this post is referring to the MDT's which have absolutely nothing to do with the P25 radio system.

adcockfred

yeah but it is all wireless. RF back to crappy normal . hpd not having to repeat audio. that is good for the ah ohs. hfd came back on line mbts. hpd still has to get dispatch to run 28 & 29 .still can not run from cruisers. we well make it ay least no one died over this. what about 3-17?

adcockfred

ok i hear you. what about that 3-17 site ? still no truncking information,but some signal. During searching i catch a lot of traffic downtown on VC 769.706250 . i have up dated a couple times an still no 3-17 site on the 800

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
ok i hear you. what about that 3-17 site ? still no truncking information,but some signal. During searching i catch a lot of traffic downtown on VC 769.706250 . i have up dated a couple times an still no 3-17 site on the 800

Maybe site 03-17 isn't on the air yet???

And 769.70625 is part of site 01-52, so I would expect you to hear it downtown.

adcockfred

well 3-17 goes against the tower confusion, but i suspect hpd tac has something to do with it. hfd is full steam ahead. hpd traded there long antennas out off their handhelds last week. time will tell. hpd fox has no tac channels.

infohou

Any of you fine folks have a file I can download to program my Pro-106 for the new Houston situation?

I would appreciate very much.

Thanks,
Robert A. Ober

Tim-in-TX

Premium Subscriber
Okay, i got my RS Pro96 all set up, following the instructions as listed earlier in this thread, site 005 and just the MA channels. All is good with the 96, I get a good signal, but it can get a little choppy at times.

So once I get to where all is good with the 96, I clone it to my 2096 in my 4Runner, and I get absolutely nothing from the new HPD channels...the 96 works fine, but nothing from the 2096. The firmware is up to date in both scanners so I don't think that is the problem. I think it may an antenna thing, as I have a generic glass-mount Rat Shack antenna. If anyone one else has an idea that may help, it would be greatly appreciated. I am in the truck a couple of hours a day, so if I can get the 2096 to receive the new HPD system, it would be nice.

Well, I think I am screwed with the 2096. The 96 still works fine receiving HPD, but the 2096 still won't work with the new system. After a little checking it looks like my 96 has the 1.3 CPU, but the 2096 only has the 1.1. That's the only difference between the two. I even tried different antenna combinations on each, with the 96 receiving on all types and the 2096 not receiving on any of them, so I think it is the CPU version that is my problem.
Oh well, it is about time I upgrade to a newer scanner anyway!

RexBanner

So, I ended up buying a Pro-106 to replace my Pro-96 with, in hopes of the P25 decoding working better. The Pro-106 came in this weekend and I'm sorry to say that it's still not perfect... some transmissions just don't decode that well. The signal strength bar on the top of the Pro-106 jumps up and down when this happens. Would a different antenna (I'm running the stock one now) help at all?

I'm really desperate to make this work now - this was supposed to be the solution for my Pro-96, but it looks like I'm basically in the same bad situation now :(

So, I'm still having this problem, and I've pretty much stopped scanning HPD for the last 6 months out of frustration with my new scanner not working the way I wanted it to. I've even replaced the antenna to no avail.

Any ideas to make this work, or is HPD+Pro-106 just not meant to be? I really don't want to drop $500 on a BCD436HP or PSR-800.

Ensnared

New Digitals on CIty Of Houston

So, I'm still having this problem, and I've pretty much stopped scanning HPD for the last 6 months out of frustration with my new scanner not working the way I wanted it to. I've even replaced the antenna to no avail.

Any ideas to make this work, or is HPD+Pro-106 just not meant to be? I really don't want to drop $500 on a BCD436HP or PSR-800.

I've searched this thread for an answer to my question about the new City of Houston P25 system. Since you mentioned the new Uniden digital Phase II, I'm just going to throw this question out. Has anyone attempted to monitor: a) the city of Houston TDMA channels or b) the various "T" modes on TxWarn P25 within the Houston metroplex with the two new digital Phase II scanners? I've read how the older Uniden & GRE radios are working with this system. I would like to hear from someone who might own one of the newer model Uniden Digitals.

At present, I'm trying to make up my mind of which scanner company is superior for Phase II TDMA. Since I travel to Houston from time to time, I would like to make a wise choice. I want to obtain optimal reception for this system, if possible.

gjhamilton

It doesn't work perfect, but it's still pretty good on the phase 2 stuff.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

adcockfred

ooops 1A7 site 3-17 went for the tunnel rats any thoughts? oh and by the way tell me again why my psr-800 will not pick up the tdma ids on the 1 st tier Houston simulacast because it does. also now another question back to tier 1 before reed rd. and Baytown I would pull the high island tower or the Brazoria tower from aldine . now it is a toss up between Baytown and reed . so the question more cc or less ?

cpfinlay

Feed Provider
The Uniden HP-2 works fine for the HPD Phase II talkgroups on TX-Warn.

I've confirmed this by limiting the monitoring to the layer 3 site "Houston Public Safety Southwest Simulcast".

The Dispatch traffic is also simulcast on Phase 1 via 3(05) "Houston General Government Services Simulcast".

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
The Uniden HP-2 works fine for the HPD Phase II talkgroups on TX-Warn.

I've confirmed this by limiting the monitoring to the layer 3 site "Houston Public Safety Southwest Simulcast".

The Dispatch traffic is also simulcast on Phase 1 via 3(05) "Houston General Government Services Simulcast".

I have to commend you on your post. It makes sense and it's apparent you understand how the system woks...that is rare in this thread.

cpfinlay

Feed Provider
I have to commend you on your post. It makes sense and it's apparent you understand how the system woks...that is rare in this thread.

I appreciate that!! :)

The Wiki page that y'all have created is excellent. Houston Police and Fire P25 - The RadioReference Wiki

Combined with the TxWARN Project 25 page (Texas Wide Area Radio Network (TxWARN) Project 25 Trunking System, Various, Texas - Scanner Frequencies) and the Uniden Sentry software, it made it fairly easy to understand and test.

I do have an update suggestion for the HPD Wiki page, and that would be to remove this statement: "As this article is being prepared, there is only one scanner available (the GRE PSR800) that is capable of monitoring P25 Phase 2 channels, and that unit is no longer in production."

Status
Not open for further replies.