close call DND and scanning a system

Clats97

Feed Provider
Hello,

I am wondering what would happen if i am monitoring a system, close call DND is turned on, and im near someone in the system who is tranmsitting. If they transmit, will it show up as a close call hit, or will it show up as a transmission in the system on my scanner?

Thanks

Clats97

Feed Provider
The input frequency they're transmitting on should show up as a CC hit if they're close enough
but will it show up as a transmission under the system im monitoring? Im trying to understand what happens if im right beside one of the transmitting radios BUT i am monitoring their system with DND turned on.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Then again with DND enabled I guess it would depend on if the scanner landed on the talkgroup first. If you switched it to PRI then it would likely get a hit on the input frequency

Clats97

Feed Provider
Then again with DND enabled I guess it would depend on if the scanner landed on the talkgroup first. If you switched it to PRI then it would likely get a hit on the input frequency
so it basically depends on whether it gets picked up first under the system or gets picked up first by CC DND?

Clats97

Feed Provider
DND means just that, do not disturb. If there's any traffic going on anywhere the CC hit won't register until the scanner resumes scanning
Makes sense. Thank you. Do you know if CC is analog only? Like would it pick up p25 or nxdn? I know it doesn't do DMR because of the 30ms data burst (whatever that means), but I wonder if it works on other systems. It's unclear in the manual.

racingfan360

Just to be clear, if you're right beside one of the repeater sites of the CAP+ system it will hit using CC. CC doesn't hit on DMR simplex or the uplink channels, the 'transmit time' (DMR TDMA pulses on/off every 30ms) is too short a window for CC to catch it and then lock onto it. So stood next to someone transmitting to a CAP+ site wont work. So if you're tuned to the system already you will hear it that way.

For P25, analog, NXDN and many telemetry signals CC can hit on the uplink and downlink channels when the relative signal strength is good vs background RF. DMR is downlink only. It wont hit on DMR simplex, spread spectrum or TETRA