CO DTRS - Adams County Agencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
I'm helping a friend by programming his Pro-197 radio with the DTRS sites and talk groups for west Adams County, Northglenn, Thornton, Federal Heights, Adams S/O as well as Broomfield. I normally don't listen to public safety stuff (I listen primarily to aircraft and railroad road stuff).

After downloading data from RR, I'm hearing CSP in Adams County as well as some Adams S/O talk groups but none of the cities... I guess the big problem is that I can't figure out which transmitter sites to download - instead of downloading all of them. Any suggestions?

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
Adams County DTRS Radio

By the way, I'm hearing test tones on the mutual aid talk groups right now, Gold 1 & 2; Red & Blue NE, NW, SE, SW. It sounded like a radio tech doing tests earlier by whistling in to the radio...

Steve2003

322-Adams County Simulcast Denver Metro
Adams SO
Federal Heights PD
Northglenn PD
Thornton PD

105-Mount Thorodin Denver Metro
Adams SO
Federal Heights PD
Northglenn PD
Thornton PD

108-Lookout Mtn Denver Metro
Adams SO
Federal Heights PD
Northglenn PD
(Thornton PD is denied)

Adams county agencies are pretty much denied on all the other metro sites. If you are programming a scanner that doesn't support multi-site monitoring you may want to try programming in one-site at a time.

In the near future many Adams County agencies will be moving over to a new system (see the other threads).

Steve2003

Ran some analytics on my Pro96Com logs, here is the site report for Broomfield PD (TGID 65):

(Note: My reception of the northern metro area sites is limited & there are fewer logs to compare)

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
Adams County DTRS

Thank you! I appreciate your research. I've got it up and running and seem to be receiving everything except Thornton and Northglenn.... I'm just letting it run to see if anything else pops up.

W4GPL

I'm going to slightly hijack this thread, as my question is similar.

I want to listen to the Glendale PD talk groups, but I program in the Arapahoe County system and the proper TGIDs, and never hear anything. Am I missing something?

BCD396XT..

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
I'm going to slightly hijack this thread, as my question is similar.

I want to listen to the Glendale PD talk groups, but I program in the Arapahoe County system and the proper TGIDs, and never hear anything. Am I missing something?

BCD396XT..

Glendale PD has there own TG's 3027 & 3028 not on Arapahoe County SO. And DTB is a good control channel for them.

Jim<

Steve2003

Here is where I have seen Glendale PD:

(Haven't logged DTB since March, but I am sure it is still a good site for Glendale).

W4GPL

Ah, thanks!

So can I safely assume that Glendale will always be on that site? Or should I program others in too?

Edit: Didn't see the above post before asking.

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
Adams County DTRS Sites

I want to thank everybody who helped me with my original question! It leads to another question... How do you determine which site a particular systems uses? I don't want to program all bizillion DTRS sites in my radio but would like to put those in along I-25 and I-70 where I tend to travel. Is there a website to determine that kind of stuff?

papaelk

I want to thank everybody who helped me with my original question! It leads to another question... How do you determine which site a particular systems uses? I don't want to program all bizillion DTRS sites in my radio but would like to put those in along I-25 and I-70 where I tend to travel. Is there a website to determine that kind of stuff?
You might try
Colorado DTRS Interstate Travel Reference - The RadioReference Wiki
This should be able to help you out. Good luck.

Steve2003

How do you get those statistics? :)
I have been logging four different P25 sites simultaneously 24x7 for roughly a year. That equates to roughly 50 million voice grants and radio affiliations!

I have been importing all of my logs into a SQL database and running analytics from there. I'll do my best to reply to threads like this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.