Collapseable Talkgroup Sections?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim-in-TX

Premium Subscriber
Forgive me if this has been asked before, but I DID do a search and came up empty handed.

It occurred to me that as some radio systems get bigger as more counties are added to the systems (like the Texas Wide Area Radio Network and Greater Austin/Travis Regional Radio System for example) the longer some pages are becoming and more difficult to sort through. I was thinking that since these systems contain some talkgroups that I do not need, it would be nice if each talkgroup section was collapsible like each of the main Forum sections are on the Forums home page. For example, I do not monitor ISD talkgroups, so it would be nice to collapse that group so that I do not have to see them every time I visit the TxWARN page.

This is just an idea. As I am not a webmaster or developer I have not idea how much trouble that would be or how much time that would entail...just thought it was a nice idea.

mciupa

Database Admin
I like that idea and would probably use it.

Perhaps it could be like the freq. inputs... have a choice between Shown/Hidden

Tim-in-TX

Premium Subscriber
Really? 105 Views and only one person agrees with me? I guess it is not as good of idea as I thought it was.

Tim-in-TX

Premium Subscriber
Bump...

Take TxWARN (Texas Wide Area Radio Network) and TxWARN P25 for example. The bigger they get as more and more counties are absorbed into the system, some of them are 150-200 miles away and are areas that I will not be scanning, so it would be nice to collapse those sections so they are out of the way.

<have I beat this dead horse enough yet?>

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Tim, we are reading. Sorry about not directly responding... we get 100's of requests and suggestions every month. We read each on and prioritize based on existing priorities.

Warm regards,

Tim-in-TX

Premium Subscriber
Lindsay,

I hope you don't think I was complaining?! I know there is no way you could ever hope to answer each and every post. This was just an idea I threw out there as a "it would be nice if" kind of thing, nothing more. I have no idea what it takes to make those kind of changes to a site as detailed as this, so I was not expecting anything, I promise. I love this site and it is very well run so please don't think that I am one of those who do not appreciate what you do for us!

Thanks a million!
Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.