Collinear array for Radarbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

ww7y

Has anyone here built a collinear array for 1090 Mhz? This is probably what the DPD ADS-B antenna is. There are several sites on the web with instructions for one of these for the 440 Mhz ham band and 2.4 Ghz WiFi. Of course you would have to use the demensions for 1090 Mhz but it looks pretty easy. Any thoughts or experiences?

Build A 9dB, 70cm Collinear Antenna

Easy Homemade 2.4 Ghz Omni Antenna - Gumph

Steve

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Yep...I found that article about the Easy Homemade 2.4GHz antenna a few years ago. I used that design but made it for 467MHz. It's easy to make if your handy with hand tools and a soldering iron. I highly dought the gain at 9dB but its a good project that worked for me. Mine tuned up good 1st try and was on the roof for a couple years.

ww7y

Made one of these up per the instruction and cut for 1090 Mhz. Cost me $7 for the N connector and seems to work great. I get about 180+ Naut. Miles coverage....where I'm not looking at mountains, which around here is almost everywhere! I have the 10,000 ft.+ Wasatch range in my back yard and only get 10-20 miles to the East (depending on aircraft flight level).

kma371

QRT
Made one of these up per the instruction and cut for 1090 Mhz. Cost me $7 for the N connector and seems to work great. I get about 180+ Naut. Miles coverage....where I'm not looking at mountains, which around here is almost everywhere! I have the 10,000 ft.+ Wasatch range in my back yard and only get 10-20 miles to the East (depending on aircraft flight level).

I'm not a very crafty person, but that looks easy. Probably what I will do when I get my Radarbox :)

Status
Not open for further replies.