• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Commander Microphone for XTS2500 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moosemedic

Is there such a thing?

I had found many for the XTS3000's and I personally have several public safety mic's for the XTS3000 / HT1000 and MT2000's. Some of them have a "post" right near the top of the pin outs. On those microphones that rigid post prevents the microphone from seating in the XTS2500.

I had read a thread, where people open up and remove this pin and the lapel mic works.

Will an RMN5038A work for the XTS2500's? It lacks the post I've mentioned.
Same question for the RMN5021A, no pin, but all the sellers say it won't work.

So, what are my options for a Commander microphone for the XTS 2500 / XTS 1500 series? All I want is volume and channel changing abilities.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
I dont have the model numbers in front of me but the POST your refering to on the public safety speaker mics was for the MTS series portables.
This activated an RF switch inside the radios to transfer RF from the radio antenna to the speaker/mic antenna. The mics are wired the same but the XTS unit need an RF adapter that actually screws into the bottom of the antenna. I THINK they are pinned the same, so if you cut that post off the audio would work for RX and TX just like a normal speaker mic. But for that trouble your best off getting a generic speaker mic.
The original commander speaker mic with the channel and volume selectors on the speaker mic for the XTS3000 DO NOT work with the XTS2500 and 5000.
The old style speaker mics for the MTS2000, with just a PTT button and speaker, those will work on ALL XTS unit.
Sorry i dont have a part number for the new Commander II mics.

SD70MAC

Is there such a thing?

I had found many for the XTS3000's and I personally have several public safety mic's for the XTS3000 / HT1000 and MT2000's. Some of them have a "post" right near the top of the pin outs. On those microphones that rigid post prevents the microphone from seating in the XTS2500.

I had read a thread, where people open up and remove this pin and the lapel mic works.

Will an RMN5038A work for the XTS2500's? It lacks the post I've mentioned.
Same question for the RMN5021A, no pin, but all the sellers say it won't work.

So, what are my options for a Commander microphone for the XTS 2500 / XTS 1500 series? All I want is volume and channel changing abilities.

The RMN5021B I have will not work on my XTS2500 ,but it does on my XTS3000 and XTS5000. The RMN5021B does not work at all when attached to my XTS2500. I don't see why Motorola did allow XTS2500 to use the Commander style mic's.

MPFD535

I have a 5000 and the commander mic I use is model number RMN5088B. I love it. I have the channel announcement option also, I can change channels from the mic and hear what its on . Best set up ever!

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
I have the HMN4084 Commander II GPS mic on my XTS2500 and it works great!

Status
Not open for further replies.