Connect Tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey60

I monitor this system
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=3265

In Version 1.5 I see an upgrade to display the connect tone.
Where do I manually enter a connect tone for this system type?

You don't really need to enter that tone anywhere. It's mainly for the radios that use the system to be able to connect to the system. The display in the PSR-500/600 is primarily for information only.

Mike

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber
You don't enter the Connect Tone into the scanner. All that feature does is allow you to see the Connect Tone used by the system you are monitoring whe you go into analyze the control channel.

Like Mike said the system radio's use the Connect Tone to connect to the system. Kinda how radio's on analog conventional channels use PL or DPL codes to access repeaters. And the same with P25 conventional using NAC Network Access Codes to access P25 conventional repeaters.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Ok great but?

Just curious if the tone in the rrdb doen't match the tone on analyze then simply just don't worry be happy scanner knows what to do?

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber
I would say you shouldn't run into that problem since the scanner is getting that directly from the control channel data stream. But since the system you provided the link to into the database doesn't show a connect tone then I would say go with the one that the scanner is telling you it is.

DonS

But since the system you provided the link to into the database doesn't show a connect tone then I would say go with the one that the scanner is telling you it is.

From the linked-to RR DB page:
System ID: 7526
Connect Tone: 97.30

Status
Not open for further replies.