Control DSDPlus via script/software

electric777

Hi all
I'm using DSD+FL to monitor multiple networks in my area.
I have written a server that streams the audio to my phone (WA) and also allows me to remote control my setup from my phone.

In order to Lockout a talk group or change group priorities I have to turn off DSD, alter the DSDPlus.groups file and relaunch DSDPlus. This entire procedure takes time and it's not fun :(

Is there a way to control DSD+ directly uaing an API, a web request or something like that?
I'm familiar with the keyboard shortcuts. For group L/O Thay are not reliable enough.

Thanks

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
DSDPlus.groups can be written to live (I've done it many times with Notepad++) and the program will reload it, so I'm not sure you'd need an API for that.

electric777

Thanks
That's interesting.
As far as I recall when i tried to write the file while DSD was running (using python), DSD wrote over the file again in few seconds.

It was with an old version of DSD though.
I'll try that again and update.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Thanks
That's interesting.
As far as I recall when i tried to write the file while DSD was running (using python), DSD wrote over the file again in few seconds.

It was with an old version of DSD though.
I'll try that again and update.
It would be possible to write the file while at the same/near time DSDPlus had a pending update to write -- thus I suppose there is a very brief timeframe where your write could be overwritten before DSDPlus had a chance to ingest your changes. If you are monitoring a very busy system, that's more likely to happen. But for the most part writing the file with another program should be okay as long as (a) your app is fetching the file for update by your app, (b) updating it as quickly as possible and then (c) writing it back to the file system.

If there are seconds or more in between, on even a semi busy system, you are probably going to encounter what you encountered.

electric777

Indeed the system I'm monitoring is super busy. I haven't tested it yet but it seems that if what you wrote is accurate, trying to control the system by manipulating the text files will be extremely unreliable.