DSDPlus DSDPlus 2.441

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I sent 25 dollars through Paypal to Fastlane and later forwarded the payment confirmation email to the same email address that I made the transfer.

Only thing to do is send 25.00 to Paypal account (dsdplusfastlane@gmail.com)

In the comment section, just tell them what email to send the update to. (Your email address)

From Dsdplus.txt
NOTE: IF YOU DO NOT INCLUDE A COMMENT, PAYPAL DOES NOT SEND US A NOTIFICATION.
THIS *WILL* DELAY YOUR FIRST FAST LANE UPDATE.

Have seen anywhere from 1 hour to 4 days after sending payment. Check your spam folder.

radioopperator

Feed Provider
Can someone please tell me the URL ware to find the Network files list for DSDPlus please I lost my link to it.

Thanks

n8allen76

Hello Dave.
Sorry for the message here. I am Brazilian and I am a little confused by procedures in English and I would like to know if you can help me.
I sent 25 dollars through Paypal to Fastlane and later forwarded the payment confirmation email to the same email address that I made the transfer.
Do you know if I proceeded correctly? If so, how long before they send the program?
Thank you in advance for your help.
Have a great week!!
I have done the same. I am trying to figure out if I have completed the directions correctly or if I have to wait a specific time for a response.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I have done the same. I am trying to figure out if I have completed the directions correctly or if I have to wait a specific time for a response.

You do have to sometimes wait a day or three for a response. And you do need to monitor your Spam/Junk folder to make sure the response didn't end up in there.

You can always email dsdplusfastlane@gmail.com and indicate (a) the paypal email address you used to send the payment and (b) the date you sent the payment. Your copy is tied to your paypal email address.

M

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber

@mtindor did a good job answering you, but I want to remind you that DSD+ isn't done by a company, it is done by an individual. Sometimes life and holidays get in the way, and you do need to remember it is Thanksgiving week. Please be patient, he will definitely respond.

jhsands

Feed Provider
My primary system sloweddddddd way down when opening FMP24. It takes seconds to click on anything, including start menu. I have restarted... same issue.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
My primary system sloweddddddd way down when opening FMP24. It takes seconds to click on anything, including start menu. I have restarted... same issue.

I cannot say for sure that this is the reason, but the new version of FastLane performs a sanity check on the basefiles to make sure all of the necessary basefiles are installed (and maybe checks for the proper version) before it fires up completely. I suspect that if you do not have internet access on the machine, it can't reach out and do that check and might cause a delay while it times out. Just a thought. Not sure if that is it.

And I'm guessing you mean DSDPlus and not FMP24. I don't think that should be slower. But the process of DSDPlus firing up might be slower, if you have weak or no internet connectivity.

It either does some comparison check to make sure the proper basefiles are in place OR it actually downloads the latest version of the basefiles. Either would require internet connectivity and may cause a delay if you have poor/no internet and it waits for the download to time out. Small price to pay to ensure that the proper basefiles are in place.

I wouldn't expect it to be slow every time though, or to download basefiles every time. But I would expect it to occur every time you fire up a new version.

Mike

jhsands

Feed Provider
I cannot say for sure that this is the reason, but the new version of FastLane performs a sanity check on the basefiles to make sure all of the necessary basefiles are installed (and maybe checks for the proper version) before it fires up completely. I suspect that if you do not have internet access on the machine, it can't reach out and do that check and might cause a delay while it times out. Just a thought. Not sure if that is it.

And I'm guessing you mean DSDPlus and not FMP24. I don't think that should be slower. But the process of DSDPlus firing up might be slower, if you have weak or no internet connectivity.

It either does some comparison check to make sure the proper basefiles are in place OR it actually downloads the latest version of the basefiles. Either would require internet connectivity and may cause a delay if you have poor/no internet and it waits for the download to time out. Small price to pay to ensure that the proper basefiles are in place.

I wouldn't expect it to be slow every time though, or to download basefiles every time. But I would expect it to occur every time you fire up a new version.

Mike

jhsands

Feed Provider

Mike
Nope, it is literally FMP24. It is what I run first and I have left it running before running dsdplus to find the issue.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Nope, it is literally FMP24. It is what I run first and I have left it running before running dsdplus to find the issue.
Ok. Unfortunately I cannot attempt to reproduce, as I only run Airspys. And FMPA.exe seems to fire up immediately for me.

Maybe others who use FMP24 will chime in with their experience.

Mike

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Ok. Unfortunately I cannot attempt to reproduce, as I only run Airspys. And FMPA.exe seems to fire up immediately for me.

Maybe others who use FMP24 will chime in with their experience.

Mike

I have not had issues like he is describing. Maybe run task manager before he starts it to see what is using the system resources. Maybe something else is causing the conflict, and if not gives more evidence of the problem.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
We are doing a lot of cross posting here and it is getting confusing with messages about three different versions on all threads. I'm having trouble keeping track of what version we all have and are talking about.

jhsands

Feed Provider
We are doing a lot of cross posting here and it is getting confusing with messages about three different versions on all threads. I'm having trouble keeping track of what version we all have and are talking about.
Ask them to repost their comment to the correct thread. My comment on FMP24 is concerning 2.441.

Status
Not open for further replies.