Cordless Phone Freq List

Status
Not open for further replies.

martyjess

cordless phones are between 902 and 928.

cell phones band is in the 869.010 to 894.000 mhz range, in 30 mhz steps. That makes a total of 835 possible frequencies to scan.

Analog cells only of course. Works in canada...

57Bill

Gator596- in answer to your question to me: No, I didn't purchase the phone to give to my neighbors. My post was suggesting others to do so. Besides, the neighbor to whom I would have given such a "gift" moved away. My only "suspicion" about you was that I suspected you were a normal radio enthusiast who enjoyed intercepting radio signals which were not intentionally transmitted to you: most of what one would expect to receive on a scanner or similar scanning receiver.

Gator596

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Bill, I consider the matter between us closed. Lets be friends.

To those that continue to suggest I simply lock out that section of the band, thank you but I was hoping for/expecting something a little more creative...

hfxChris

Database Admin
To those that continue to suggest I simply lock out that section of the band, thank you but I was hoping for/expecting something a little more creative...
Which doesn't exist. If you're intent on continuing to scan 900MHz, you'll have to just keep hitting the lockout button. The wiki article is just a list of some known frequencies used by some cordless phones. There is no difinitive list of cordless phone frequencies.

N0IU

Like what? Government regulation that requires scanner manufacturers to lock out those frequencies for you?

I know I may get an infraction for saying this, but why is it so hard for you to take responsibility for your own scanning behavior? Or maybe I am just not clear on what kind of "creative" solution you would like to see implemented so that you are not tempted to eavesdrop on private conversations? If you don't make those decisions yourself and rely on someone else to decide what you can and can not listen to, it will probably not turn out to be something you will like!

JoeyC

This is a hilarious thread. Give me a list of frequencies so I can lock them out in case there might be a phone conversation on one - I wouldn't want to be caught listening to something illegal. GOD FORBID! Who is going to BUST you for listening should you happen upon one accidentally? your Guardian Angel?

Matthew49ers

I'm pretty sure that they don't have a device in Big Brother secret basement making sure you don't listen to other people phone calls. If you just don't like listening to other people phone calls, (which is impolite) just hit the scan button to scan for something else, and if you like to listen to other people phone calls, (which you shouldn't do in the 1st place) I don't think it would be detected to any authority figures at all.

Personally I would just add your favorite people or channels to your scanners and just scan from your favorites only.

mikef1234

Premium Subscriber
On this subject I found old info that is still in use these cordless phone freqs. are :43.72MHz to 49.99 MHz base Freqs are 43.72,43.74 on up to46.97 and the handsets go from 48.76 48.84 up to 49.99 MHz. The lower freqs. were annoying to me because they were close to the Ohio State Highway Patrol Freqs. I couldn't figure out what why my scanner would stop scanning for a long time doing a search scan between 40.0 MHz and 50.0 MHz for more highway patrol freqs.

n1das

This is a hilarious thread. Give me a list of frequencies so I can lock them out in case there might be a phone conversation on one - I wouldn't want to be caught listening to something illegal. GOD FORBID! Who is going to BUST you for listening should you happen upon one accidentally? your Guardian Angel?

A loophole in ECPA'86 makes it legal to monitor radio transmissions causing you interference to your radio reception, and can listen legally to the extent necessary to identify such interference. After you've made positive ID of what you're listening to, you must then STOP listening if it's an ECPA'86 prohibited transmission. This is CRAZY and unenforceable!

My favorite loophole is ECPA'86 allows monitoring of communications that are "readily accessible to the public." Given that ECPA'86 leaves "readily accessible" wide open to definition, I only monitor communications that are "readily accessible to the public" as a direct result of physical laws at work. <wink>

To stay legal be sure to only monitor communications that are "readily accessible to the public." Don't listen to anything I wouldn't listen to. <wink>

SkipSanders

Silent Key
The OP is in Ontario, Canada, where the ECPA has no effect, anyway. Unless Canada passed a 'no cordless monitoring law', it's perfectly legal for him to listen, anyway.

nhscannerman

Sounds like you are a normal scanner enthusiast who listens to radio transmissions not intended for you, and enjoy listening in on cordless telephone conversations. You want to find them, rather than stumbling across them, so you look to RR, a great source for such information. But you want to avoid all the "you can't do that: it's illegal" bs, so you make a point of going on record that you want to "delete" the frequencies. Just search between 902 and 928 MHz, with particular attention to 916 -928 MHz. and enjoy! Don't tell anyone what you hear, and NOBODY cares.

I agree 500%

Gator596

Premium Subscriber
Like what? Government regulation that requires scanner manufacturers to lock out those frequencies for you?

I know I may get an infraction for saying this, but why is it so hard for you to take responsibility for your own scanning behavior? Or maybe I am just not clear on what kind of "creative" solution you would like to see implemented so that you are not tempted to eavesdrop on private conversations? If you don't make those decisions yourself and rely on someone else to decide what you can and can not listen to, it will probably not turn out to be something you will like!

I'm not a fan of government intervention.
I'm trying to "take responsibility" for my behavior by getting a list to lock out.
It seems you "were not clear" on much of anything I have written and I will strive for more clarity in the future.
One thing I cannot understand is why you think I need the list to keep from "being tempted" into listening to these frequencies when I have expressly stated it was so I could lock them out. I'm not tempted!
In regards to your last sentence; On one hand, the admins and community on RR are very vocal about the unlawfulness of listening to these frequencies. On the other hand, through it's wiki it points anyone who wants to find those frequencies in the right direction.
If some future legislator wants to start banning scanners or instituting more mandatory frequency blackouts at manufacture, how will this community (RR) respond to the following questions in the court of public opinion;
a) Did you know it was illegal to listen to telephone conversations?
b) Are cordless phone frequencies predictable and chartable?
c) Other than saying "here is where the freqs are, but don't do it - it's illegal" what other information tools have you given your community to avoid them?
I'd like to think that the answers would or could be something like;
a) Yes. There were legal notifications to this effect on our wiki and it was widely discussed in our forums.
b) Yes.
c) Modern scanners permit frequencies to be voluntarily locked out. A list was made available so responsible people could do just that. Anyone NOT doing so that was caught listening to these freqs was acting outside of the expressly stated code of ethics we promoted regarding adherence to the law.
Peace!

mikef1234

Premium Subscriber
Not to my knowledge, I don't think the manufacturers would attempt to put PL on the phones. It would be to much extra for them to do and cost not cost effective for them. Besides they probably assume they wouldn't be bothering anyone.

K7CAR

You know the FCC and DOC can tell when you are listening to an illegal frequency and fine you at will. They do it all the time, so you BETTER not be listening to anything that's not approved. I've thrown out every scanner I have that will receive these frequencies. I suggest you do the same. It's just not worth it!.....:)

maalox

You know the FCC and DOC can tell when you are listening to an illegal frequency and fine you at will. They do it all the time, so you BETTER not be listening to anything that's not approved. I've thrown out every scanner I have that will receive these frequencies. I suggest you do the same. It's just not worth it!.....:)
even if it was bcd 996xlt...lol

N0IU

I'm trying to "take responsibility" for my behavior by getting a list to lock out.
It seems you "were not clear" on much of anything I have written and I will strive for more clarity in the future.
Going back to my Corvette analogy, this would be like saying that I should install a device that will not allow my car to exceed the speed limit because I am not personally responsible enough to operate it in within the confines of the law. It is not illegal to own a car that is capable of exceeding the speed limit. It is only when you operate it in an illegal manner that you could get into trouble.

By the same token, even though it is illegal to monitor "radio based telephone conversations", it is not illegal to own a scanner capable of such activity. If it was, you would not be able to buy it, at least not on the open market. Where you would get into trouble is if you were stupid enough to divulge any information you heard while monitoring a cordless phone conversation. I think you are worrying way too much about the RCMP busting down your door because you have a scanner capable of monitoring cordless phone conversations and you want to be able to show the authorities that you are a good boy by having locked out those frequencies. The only reason the RCMP will come in to haul you off to jail is if they have proof you are using your scanner in an illegal manner. How are they going to know?

Unless you make it known that you have engaged in this illegal activity, no one will ever know and quite frankly, no one will care. Only your conscience will be your guide. OTOH, you have openly admitted in your opening post that you have listened to radio based telephone conversations so you had better hope that your local RCMP officers are not members of Radio Reference!

Personally, I think that maybe you are just worrying for nothing!

K7CAR

Scott, like I said they know. FCC and DOC have a secret scanner bug placed in EVERY scanner built. All they have to do is turn it on and you've been nailed. You could be peacefully monitoring in bed and they will bust your door down and haul you off in the middle of the night. Happens all the time.

There are thousands in prison right now serving multi year sentences for monitoring cordless phone frequencies. It's a little known fact that is kept very hush hush. :)

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
I just spent Four minutes thirty two seconds reading this thread and was complete deja-vu to the hundreds of other cordless phone threads we have in the general forum.
The cordless phone thing has been beaten to death and closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.