Corpus Christi Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbedsole

Premium Subscriber
LCRA site

Maybe he was talking about Copperas Cove, instead of Corpus Christi. That's a little closer to Hays County, and I believe that would be more in the LCRA network than us down here.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
I'd say that Copperas Cove is as far away from the known LCRA sites as Corpus is. The most northern site is in Williamson County leaving a 3 county stretch from Coryell County.

LCRA does get down to the coast in Wharton County...

Last edited:

LarryN

South Texas DB Admin
There is a project in the works to expand the LCRA system to the Coastal Bend. LCRA is involved in the large wind farm project in San Pat County across the Nueces River from Corpus. If you are driving south on I-37 you can see them off to your left. What I was told was that some of the smaller local departments will be working out a deal to switch over to their trunked system whenever it is built/extended here. The plan was to eventually link everything from CC –Houston-Austin-San Antonio in one big regional system. I do not know how firm the plan actually is. So it is “possible” that Corpus stuff may be already on the LCRA. Another wild a** guess is that could he possibly been picking up one of AEP’s control channels? Any frequencies would be helpful to narrow this down.

David do you have any ideas?

Tejedor

Premium Subscriber
Just my 2 cents

Well, I doubt our local system is going to get involved with the LCRA or any of their linked systems any time soon. The area covered is really to far North of us. Also the City of CC just spent lots of money migrating their systems to comply with the 800 MHz rebanding. The department I currently work for is thinking of buying one of the newer HT radios that is compatible with the CC system for interoperability. The thing is stupid expensive. The vendor told me that the city has spent lots of money replacing the older GE and MA Comm. radios with these new Harris radios. The new Harris are APCO 25 ready and will be used when the CC system goes APCO 25 sometime between now and 2015. With all that I doubt that they will then junk this system to merge into a 900MHz system. Again, just my 2 pennies worth.

David.

Last edited:

StatuSChecKa

Thanks for all the updates, I will be vacationing in Corpus yet again this year. Looks like I have alot of farting around to do on Win-97. I had Corpus Christi nicely programmed last year, but it looks like alot had changed.
Anyone have info on what the storm watchers usually use, incase there is a nice storm?
Does anyone have a nice Win-97 file for Corpus Christi that they are willing to share?

bbedsole

Premium Subscriber
Hey, I use Win97. I'd be happy to send you a few different configurations I use. Maybe you could send a few back just for fun, in case I'm in the Temple area sometime.

My email is bartbedsole@hotmail.com

Shoot me an email and I'll reply with the files.

gus426

Premium Subscriber
Pro-164

Hey, I use Win97. I'd be happy to send you a few different configurations I use. Maybe you could send a few back just for fun, in case I'm in the Temple area sometime.

My email is bartbedsole@hotmail.com

Shoot me an email and I'll reply with the files.

Hey Bart, have you tried to program any of the newer Pro-164's with that file isn't that what KRISTV bought recently when you were there?

Gus

bbedsole

Premium Subscriber
Yeah Gus. Since I bought my Pro-97 off Ebay, the station has bought a Pro-164, and two individual employees have also bought their own Pro-164. We also had a guy with an old Pro-97 like mine that wasn't programmed for the EDACS system. I plugged it in, and 2 minutes later, it lit up like a Christmas tree with chatter. He couldn't believe it.

Win97 works fine with both the 97 and 164. The only real difference is the cable. The 164 requires a newer USB programming cable. But that newer cable also works with the 97, so ALMOST everything is compatible with each other.

owtlawatv

Feed Provider
I know I have an older radio, but does anyone have a WIN95 file for all of the corpus trunk freqs and Talk Groups?

I would buy a premium but from what I read, it wond work with my radio, the Pro-95.

Thanks for any help.....

owtlawatv

Feed Provider
Its happening to me also. Im on the shoreline tower.
I had to add 001, 002, and 003 to the talkgroup ID on a closed bank.

If its happening on an open bank, all I can recommend is that you double check the freqs,

wahooridge

THANKS for posting Owtlawtv. What do you mean by you had to add 001,002,and 003 to the talkgroup ID. I'm sorry this might be a stupid question but I'm not sure what you meant.

owtlawatv

Feed Provider
If you listen to the trunking system on a closed bank, only the talkgroup IDs that you store in the scanner will be heard. Even though 001, 002, and 003, is not listed in the list of talkgroups, I still had to add them to the Talk Group ID list in my scanner, so that I could follow some conversations.

Here is a link to the Corpus Christi Trunking Information:
Corpus Christi Trunking System, Corpus Christi, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

If you need some help, feel free to contact me on MSN messenger or Yahoo Messenger.
I will help with what I know.
MSN : vegasrambler(at)hotmail(dot)com
Yahoo: outlawatv

Hey guys i have a question some of u guys have reserve scanners why dont u all become feed providers for corpus? just a question cause ive come across alot of ppl that wanna know why we dont have feed providers

wahooridge

The Fairgrounds in Robstown is using conventional 461.3250
Holiday Inn Express 3800 blk Hwy 77 is using conventional 462.5625

Status
Not open for further replies.