• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CPS Price Increase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XAG0N

Hello everyone,

So I was recently approved for a MOL account and to purchase software. However, when I add RVN5115AN (Mototrbo CPS) to my cart, it shows a price of $399. I thought it was around $259-$299? Anyone else see an increase in price? Any way to get this a bit lower? I suppose $100 isn't obscene in the grand scheme of things Motorola, but if I can save it, I'd prefer to!

Also, in the cart, it shows R.14.0, but they're up to R16 now. Is there an updated part number?

Thank you!

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I haven't purchased CPS in a while, so take this with a grain of salt….

Motorola pricing. I do believe there are different tiers. As a hobbyist/low quantity user, you are not going to get very good pricing.

As for the software versions, used to be when you bought software, you were buying a "subscription" that included release/updates for a year or two, so you should get the latest, and if they release updates, you should get those for a certain period of time.

I'm sure there are some M-heads that will be able to give you a better answer.

allend

Premium Subscriber
I believe all prices went up at Motorola including parts for radios too. I saw a pretty good increase for parts for the XTS 5000 radios

z31jaime

HKVN4362A shows the same price its been price for me

HKVN4362A is cps download only unless you need the cd? SOFTWARE,TRBO CPS DOWNLOAD - CURRENT VERSION

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
Mother M likes to do large price increases to move customers to a newer product line. I have seen this as far back as the HT-1000 MT-2000 series back in the 90's. Also when a product is EOLthey like to make the most money off agencies who stockpile service parts. Seen this on the XTS XTL series and even the Pro series line, trying to force you financially to the XPR series.
Our agency purchased several hundred radios before they went EOL to stockpile to defeat this model (we actually bought the last ones manufactured). We are still issuing brand new HT-1250 and CDM-1250 radios. Also our agency now has,and like many others have dumped mother M and gone to Harris, Kenwood and Icom. A few years ago I secured a contract from Icom for 7000 radios. Mother M was not happy.
Mother M's business model may have worked years ago with few real competitors, but with so many choices of just as good product now this may expedites M's demise.

XAG0N

So, as stated above, it's still $169, $183.91 with tax, if you just do the download. However, it takes 48 business hours to show up in your resource center unless you call them, then the friendly tech support folks can manually add it, which they did for me. When I inquired with the tech rep why adding a DVD added almost $230 to the price, he said "Quite frankly, sir, nobody orders the DVD anymore besides government agencies, who have their own pricing." So I guess that's my answer.

Thanks all!

mancow

Database Admin
I wish someone with some sanity would buy them. Then again, it could be worse, like Harris where the software is something like several grand.

N4KVE

"Quite frankly, sir, nobody orders the DVD anymore besides government agencies, who have their own pricing." So I guess that's my answer. Thanks all!
My friend works for a Gov’t agency that does not want their computers on the internet, hence the discs.

Status
Not open for further replies.