CT Transit

Status
Not open for further replies.

cg

Premium Subscriber
What frequency are you using for a control channel and have you confirmed that you can trunktrack it?

chris

leadjammer

Don't know the control channel. I was hoping to get this on my Home Patrol with the new talkgroups recently uploaded to the RR database. I don't recieve anything on any of those newly updated channels. I tried searching the 700 spectrum with my 396 XT and didn't get any hits at all. I tried this morning during a snowstorm when the old bus frequency would be buzzing and heard nothing on either scanner. I think I'm about to give up. I was just wondering if anyone else had any luck with this. When they were on the old UHF frequency, CT Transit in New Haven would be talking almost non-stop between the hours of 7 and 9 am. This is why I find it so strange not to be hearing anything. Thanks for your time.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone been monitoring the ct transit Waterbury buses I have the wolcott site in my scanner and on search for ids I was downtown today while a road race was going on and they had a guy from ct transit with a badge talking on the 2 way radio giving commands to the buses due to detours and nothing was coming over my scanner,are they using the new haven tower?

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Ok,now it seems to be picking up some talk groups 5027 popped up and 52801 and 52802 and them 2 groups they were talking about picking up someone from walmart which makes me believe they make be a cab company.anyone have any insight on Waterbury buses lol

leadjammer

I've been trying to get CT Transit in New Haven for weeks with no results. Someone updated the RR database for Ct Transit a couple of weeks ago but I don't recieve anything on any of those talkgroups. I've tried searching the 700 spectrum with no results. Just lots of static. I'm in Hamden so I'm probably too far away for Waterbury. As far as I'm concerned we must be looking in the wrong place. I really don't know. On the old UHF frequencies CT Transit New Haven come in loud and clear. I have no idea what the channels or talkroups they are using now and nothing in the RR database seems to work. If I find something I'll let you know. Doesn't look very promising.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
I've been trying to get CT Transit in New Haven for weeks with no results. Someone updated the RR database for Ct Transit a couple of weeks ago but I don't recieve anything on any of those talkgroups. I've tried searching the 700 spectrum with no results. Just lots of static. I'm in Hamden so I'm probably too far away for Waterbury. As far as I'm concerned we must be looking in the wrong place. I really don't know. On the old UHF frequencies CT Transit New Haven come in loud and clear. I have no idea what the channels or talkroups they are using now and nothing in the RR database seems to work. If I find something I'll let you know. Doesn't look very promising.

Are you absolutely sure your you programmed it in correctly as a p25 system and are you searching or scanning ids,I have mine searching and I picked up a bus that said they were at front street which there is not one on Waterbury but I believe there is one in new haven.p

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
well I guess only Hartford works well. I put in the frequencies for Avon and hear the Hartford Buses loud and clear. Its not very exciting. New Britain I havent gotten any buses there yet.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Definitely not exciting at call just as exciting as listening to a cab company

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leadjammer

I'm using the Home Patrol with an outside antenna and the 396 xt and haven't picked up anything. I get nothing on 4011 or 4012.

darrowloucks

CT Transit New Haven

I have made a little progress in trying to figure out how to listen to CT Transit busses in New Haven. It appears that the dispatcher uses "I-call" almost exclusively on the CSERN system to talk to each bus individually. Once I turned on the i-call function during ID search on my BC-396, I started to hear the dispatcher but not the busses. I cannot figure out why I hear only one side of the i-call conversation but at least I now hear the dispatcher. When the dispatcher makes an announcement to all busses that is done on TG 4011. When I have ridden a CT transit bus the radio on the bus is very quiet and the driver does not hear the dispatcher taking to other busses.

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
I'm also having trouble with the CT Transit New Haven talk groups. I'd like to be ab.e to hear the busses, but I only get the dispatchers iCall side of things, is there a reason the buses are silent?

APX7500X2

95% of what they do is I Call. The buses do not listen to or talk to each other often if at all.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I would hazard a guess that since the system only allows ICalls or private calls between a dispatcher and one other unit, the mobile or input side of the conversation is not sent anywhere but the console.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.