Current DSD PLUS Version for FAST LANE

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben-scan

Pinkfish457 is correct. It's unfortunate that the development has stalled.. however I still hope the projects is not dead. I asked the developers if the project was still alive but haven't got any response.

jdolina

Premium Subscriber
I was thinking of joining the fastlane for added features as I have been using the public version. I guess I will wait and see what happens.

nlurker

If the developers have lost interest in the project, the right thing to do would be to post all source code to github.com and let the open source community take over. The wrong thing would be to take the money and disappear.

If something else is causing this lengthy delay, a status update would be the right thing to do.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The wrong thing would be to take the money and disappear.

I'm a Fast Lane subscriber, and I have absolutely no doubt that the money I sent them was well worth it to date. More than a fair value, in fact.

There have been nine Fast Lane releases since the last public release of 1.101, each one getting better than the last. They don't owe me or anyone else anything further as far as I'm concerned.

That's not to say that I don't want to see work continue, more features added, bugs fixed, etc., however to make it seem like these guys "took the money and ran" without providing any value for those dollars is patently false.

BrianG61UK

If the developers have lost interest in the project, the right thing to do would be to post all source code to github.com and let the open source community take over. The wrong thing would be to take the money and disappear.

If something else is causing this lengthy delay, a status update would be the right thing to do.

Yes, especially since it's 99% certain that it's based on an open source project that was released with the explicit condition that it not be used as part of anything that isn't also open source (GNU General Public License version 2). In other words until the source code is released it's based on stolen code and the author is profiting from stolen code by asking for fees for the "fast lane".

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin

I disagree. $25 bucks (or less) paid one time doesn't give anyone a right to the whole kit and kaboodle. The open source community had a huge chance to pick up the ball the original "DSD" and roll with it after the original "DSD" author no longer updated it. And that looks pretty stagnant to me. I have no faith that the open source community would pick up the ball if the source was available, and do justice to what DSDPlus [the person] has already done with it.

Mike

BrianG61UK

I disagree. $25 bucks (or less) paid one time doesn't give anyone a right to the whole kit and kaboodle.

So you're just ignoring what I posted then.

You're just ignoring the fact that the conditions of use of the original DSD mean that legally $0 gives you the right to anything and everything developed from it.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
So you're just ignoring what I posted then.

You're just ignoring the fact that the conditions of use of the original DSD mean that legally $0 gives you the right to anything and everything developed from it.

Ahh, you're one of "those", with "those" being open source fanboys who got really irritated when DSDPlus came out and the other didn't share the code with you.

No, I am not ignoring anything at all. Claims have been made, none of them proven. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, but apparently you did.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.