Dallas Fire - Trunked System Rollout 2022

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
I thought TGID 3 was just a patch for DFR 1? Did they patch DFR 3 to the same TGID or a different one?
Oops. You're right. I don't think I've heard DFR channel 3 patched to anything yet. The non-P25/analog trunked system did have some patches, so they may have been there. They also used that system last weekend for the drill at Love Field. Dallas Local Government analog Motorola trunked system.

tangier

Premium Subscriber
I thought TGID 3 was just a patch for DFR 1? Did they patch DFR 3 to the same TGID or a different one?

Yes TG 3 was/is the patch for DFR CH 1. The command BC directed the comms to CH 3 451.150 (repeater - monitored by 660) and CH 12 465.6375 (simplex). Don't know of any other patched traffic besides DFR CH 1.

riverradio68

Feed Provider
Dallas Layer 1 yesterday, TG-30101 Radio testing at the Dallas Co. Jail.

Dallas Layer 2 TG: 35106, 35107, 35108 Henry Wade Juvenile Justice Center/Dallas Co. Juvenile Department.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
This morning Dallas Layer 2 TG: 33501,33502 35050,35051
Those had already been added to the database:
33501 Dallas Sanitation Ch 1
33502 Dallas Sanitation Ch 2

35050 Dallas County Warrants/Information
35051 Dallas County S.O. Patrol Dispatch

ArkTex

KA5AAA
Premium Subscriber
I'm going to be returning to Collin County over the holidays, and I'm planning to stick my MicroP25RXII on it to see what I can get. I'm on the fringe of the system in Mckinney, but I'm sure to find something interesting.

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
I'm going to be returning to Collin County over the holidays, and I'm planning to stick my MicroP25RXII on it to see what I can get. I'm on the fringe of the system in Mckinney, but I'm sure to find something interesting.
Still not a whole lot going on, besides testing, and I believe city security.

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
Is Collin County going to have MA talk groups on the system I wonder?
I believe they probably already have access to the NTIRN IO channels, and I know that GMRS has some IO channels on the Dallas Site(s) as well.

Harold

Premium Subscriber
Still not a whole lot going on, besides testing, and I believe city security.
I don't think they will do much more until the Holidays are over. When I try to think back to when Fort Worth moved to their P25 system, I think it was around the first of February.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
Is Collin County going to have MA talk groups on the system I wonder?

TG 1195 - 1230 InterOp were added when Collin County joined the system. NTIRN has InterOp and GMRS has them as well. Supposedly, when NTIRN is fully operable on the Dallas side; the NCTCOG system will go away but their InterOp TGs may still be on NTIRN. So, the question really is "How will are they going to handle IOP talkgroups with the same name on different systems?" For example, will Law IO on PAWMCo be patched to Law IO on GMRS and NTIRN, etc.

brodiebnew

Premium Subscriber
Can someone explain the Layers please? i.,e. Fort Worth has lay 1 and 2. I am not familiar with the concept. Thanks

nd5y

Can someone explain the Layers please? i.,e. Fort Worth has lay 1 and 2. I am not familiar with the concept. Thanks
To scanner users it appears as two simulcast sites. I don't know where the name 'layer' came from. As far as the db and your scanner is concerned layer=site.

The old Fort Worth type II system had a simulcast site for public safety and a non-simulcast site for public works. The talkgroups worked on both systems but if I remember right the users had to manually switch systems if one system was off the air. It amounts to two separate systems for redundancy.

I don't know how the new sites in Dallas are configured or why they are called 'layers'.

Last edited: