dauphin county digital system question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jokerludo

Hi guys im a firefighter in schuykill county we are on an anolog system naturally i own an anolog radio i am moving to dauphin county and im looking to buy a new radio ill be in 2 companies and 2 fire police fot the same companies so i dont want to have to lug 10 radios around (exagerated) im looking at buying a p25 model radio is it compatable with the dauphin county system if not could you reccamend alternatives must be water proof and somewhat durable

dmg1969

Are you talking about a scanner or an actual duty radio? If a duty radio, would that not be a question for someone with one of the departments you will be with or the county?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jokerludo

I suppose your right i just am pre planning here so i figured it wouldent hurt to ask

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
I suppose your right i just am pre planning here so i figured it wouldent hurt to ask

The difference between what you had in Schuylkill and what exists in Dauphin is that the Dauphin system, as with all trunked systems, is a restircted access network. So, even if you bought a UHF P25 digital radio compatible with the trunked system, you could not use it on the trunked system without authorization from the system administrators at the county. That's why this is a question you would have to ask at your new fire companies because you're not going to be able to just buy a personal radio and start talking like you could on a conventional radio setup like they had in Schuylkill.

Of course, if the fire companies you plan to run with in Dauphin have their own secondary conventional channels they use for fire police comms, then you may or may not be able to buy a radio that will work just on those frequencies. Again, though, you would have to verify with the fire companies themselves that you would be able/allowed to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.