Davis Co Simo

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmstewart

Premium Subscriber
There is something going on with Davis Co. on TGID's 9408 and 9440 - it seems they cannot decide which channel they want to use to dispatch with and there is always an "XP" on both. The new SDS100 can sometimes decipher the difference between the channel being used at the moment.

This type of activity leads me to ask if it has something to do with the P25 change over??!! Any guesses or thoughts?

Speaking of which - we are all going to need some advice when the change over comes - should we start a thread dealing with just that?

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
The XP indicates that the Dispatcher has "patched" the two Talk Groups together. The Dispatcher is able to connect two (or more?) TG's together for better coordination. Or it allows one dispatcher to handle two (or more?) TGs' during slow times. Example, they often tie/patch Davis Co LAW-01 (TG9408) and 02 (9440), in the evenings. This way, one dispatcher will handle both "channels". This is done at the Dispatchers Console. During the day/heavy use, they use separate TG's, so the dispatcher does not get overwhelmed.

I think (assuming again) that the change over is still a couple years away. When the time comes, we will adjust as needed.

pmstewart

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the explanation. Have news....they are moving equipment at USU today making room on the racks for the P25 equipment.
Also doing some prep work at Godiva for the upgrade. Techs were talking about it this morning.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the explanation. Have news....they are moving equipment at USU today making room on the racks for the P25 equipment.
Also doing some prep work at Godiva for the upgrade. Techs were talking about it this morning.
Yeah they were saying how small the room is for that, they are still working with Harris for all the quirks and tweaks needing to be made for the switchover, should be a bit before it’s up, I think they will still I think have Motorola up til most of p25 is done before the switch, idk how else they will it

pmstewart

Premium Subscriber
With all the info I've been reading on P25 it can be made backwards compatible with analog as long as the correct equipment is used to patch the two systems. It appears this is done at the operators console. P25 phase II is just an upgrade to phase I and all phase I criteria are available in phase II. Long story short - I think it will be a very slow transition as the operator consoles can be upgraded to P25 and patched to work with any radio (analog or digital). For those areas where buying new digital radios isn't in the budget for several more years the patches can stay in place indefinitely.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
With all the info I've been reading on P25 it can be made backwards compatible with analog as long as the correct equipment is used to patch the two systems. It appears this is done at the operators console. P25 phase II is just an upgrade to phase I and all phase I criteria are available in phase II. Long story short - I think it will be a very slow transition as the operator consoles can be upgraded to P25 and patched to work with any radio (analog or digital). For those areas where buying new digital radios isn't in the budget for several more years the patches can stay in place indefinitely.
That’s what emery county has done with their nxdn system, it’s still patched with analog cuz not all the county has digital radios yet, only a few.. carbon county is heating for funding to get the stacks installed on the sites.. so yes they patch, even down here on the 800 UCA system they still patch vhf analog

Status
Not open for further replies.