Dayton 2008: Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
I finalized my booking plans for Dayton 2008 this week, so I wanted to see who else was going. Even with the out of control gas prices, I am still making the 9-hour drive from the NJ Shore to Dayton again this year. This will be my 6th Hamvention, and I can't wait.

Mods: If a thread has already been started for this, feel free to move or delete this thread.

I am staying Thursday night at the Holiday Inn by the Dayton Mall, and Friday & Saturday nights at the Studio 6 also by the mall.

JnglMassiv

I'll be there! I just made arrangements for the time off and ordered tix. I haven't figured out accomadations just yet but I'm sure I'll manage. I'm hoping for the Drury but we'll see.

shaft

I'll be in town late Thursday night and staying at the Courtyard by the Dayton Mall.

JnglMassiv said:
I'll be there! I just made arrangements for the time off and ordered tix. I haven't figured out accomadations just yet but I'm sure I'll manage. I'm hoping for the Drury but we'll see.

Stay south of town, its a lot nicer than over by Hara Arena

Viper43

I wanted to get there but I have to be at Indianapolis Motor Speedway all three days. Oh well, hopefully another year.

KR4BD

I'll Be There

I will be there Friday through Sunday. This will be my 30th Hamvention (first was in 1975 when I was living near Dayton). I always stay South of town, too. I understand the traffic situation is pretty rough in the Dayton area right now due to lots of road construction on I-70, I-75 and US-35, so be careful! Fortunately, I know all the "local" streets and can avoid most of that mess.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
This is my first year going alone. If anyone wants to assemble a RR dinner Thursday night, I am game. I usually eat at the Golden Corral on Miller Lane, I love those restaurants and we don't have them on the NJ Shore. However, I am open to anything if a bunch of us want to do a little meet and greet.

Also, if anyone needs lodging, the Studio 6 (owned by Motel 6) by the Dayton Mall still has rooms. I booked last week at $40/night when the Holiday Inn wanted $100 for the same room I am paying $50/night for on Thursday night. However, I booked the Holiday Inn by the mall in January, and the prices have gone up $50 since then. Nuts to them, I will spend Friday & Saturday nights at the Studio 6.

Last edited:

KB8UYC

Premium Subscriber
I am always there....I reserve my hotel the day I leave.......I really enjoy dayton. I am going for toys this year!

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
I live in the southern suburbs now, so I an there alreay.
I will be manning the All Ohio Scanner Club booth next to
the Bearcat Radio Club. We'll be offering scanner programming at our booth.

midnightcaller

Premium Subscriber
Iam going to Dayton. Iam flying from Seattle to CHicago going to spend a day or 2 sight seeing then Iam going to drive from Chicago to Dayton it is only 298 miles

JnglMassiv

Hi, gang..

I'm looking for a room in Dayton. Miller Lane preferred and Drury strongly favored. One way or another, I'm going but it would sure be nice to have some sweet lodging lined up. Perhaps you can help?

Status
Not open for further replies.