Delaware County, PA lots of questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

soberbyker

Premium Subscriber
Sorry for the confusion the PD is still using 500.6125 as a talkaround channel with the 364 DPL. It also appears the public works is now using that frequency with a 210.7 PL for their communications. I've had that frequency programmed in tone search for a while now ever since I heard a 95 car talking to a 91 car on it and there was no PL/DPL.

Did see a Springfield Trash Truck (being used as a plow) yesterday but was unable to get a good look to check if it still had the low band antenna or not and if it had a UHF antenna.

Thanks, as I was writing my response I realized that's what you were saying but I wanted to be sure.

I hardly ever hear anything from 91 on county or otherwise (or much on sector 2 for that matter), from where I am in the Lansdowne area, yet I can pick up Chester City and sector 1 and they're pretty clear.

soberbyker

Premium Subscriber
On a side note the frequency listed for Swarthmore college public safety is also used by their maintenance staff. Confirmed that the other day.

Yes, that's been the case for some time now, I think I've even heard their shuttle bus on there. In fact you hear everything but the campus police. During the recent snow it was pretty active, not really caring about which walks still needed to be shoveled I ended up locking the channel out.

ncaff

FYI heard a new PD sector, Sector 8, is being considered for universities. Unsure of any frequencies or timeline.

phillydjdan

Don't know of any colleges in the county that have a actual police department.

Actually last year a friend of mine was saying that Villanova was in the process of converting to a full-fledged police force. Not sure if they actually did it or anyone else is following suit...

ncaff

Actually last year a friend of mine was saying that Villanova was in the process of converting to a full-fledged police force. Not sure if they actually did it or anyone else is following suit...

Heard the same. According to their website, they have 11 Police Officers and are hiring more. Going to an officer and security guard mix.

Penn State Brandywine also has Act 120 officers now.

Not sure of any others.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Always thought must of Villanova campus was Montgomery County in Lower Merion and Radnor Townships.

Villanova U, Eastern U, and Cabrini U are in Radnor Twp, Delco.
Haverford College is in Haverford Twp, Delco and a little bit into Lower Merion Twp, Montco.
Rosemont, Bryn Mawr, and Harcum Colleges are in Lower Merion Twp, Montco.

I think that takes care of all the Main Line colleges and universities in that area.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.