Delaware County, PA lots of questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

philacop

Premium Subscriber
Gang
Anyone ever find Suburban waste services in Delco ?
They service my Boro with trash and recycle pickup and others I'm sure. They have 6" unity gain antennas but have not seen the radios in the trucks as that would at least tell you if using a nexedge or mototrbo system. A few years back they had 220 MHz antennas and were on a passport ltr system.

captaincab

monitoring delco pa with gre psr300 pro2053 and b
They are on the dmr system owned by a local radio shop in eddystone from what i have been told.

Gang
Anyone ever find Suburban waste services in Delco ?
They service my Boro with trash and recycle pickup and others I'm sure. They have 6" unity gain antennas but have not seen the radios in the trucks as that would at least tell you if using a nexedge or mototrbo system. A few years back they had 220 MHz antennas and were on a passport ltr system.

philacop

Premium Subscriber
Captcab
Do you know if it is a connect plus system they are on or a dmr conventional repeater ?
Do not think radio/metropolitan have a connect plus system of there own.
Thanks

captaincab

Negative on that. I was at that radio shop getting work done on a radio and they had a truck their from that company and i asked the shop tech he told me they are on dmr. I would assume it was their own system as they own a few systems or it could belong to phil adler as the old 220mhz system was owned by him.

philacop

Premium Subscriber
Captcab
They may be on the PDV wireless system as I see on radio Comm website they partner with PDV so suburban may be on the 900 MHz dmr system . PDV dispatch plus has multiple sites in the area as I mapped out 4 sites I can pick up . I heard a trash hauler picking up residential stops in Yeadon so may be them, not sure if they contract in Yeadon.
Don't see any connections to UHF connect + systems

captaincab

Maybe yea they are motorola radios i know that much.

Captcab
They may be on the PDV wireless system as I see on radio Comm website they partner with PDV so suburban may be on the 900 MHz dmr system . PDV dispatch plus has multiple sites in the area as I mapped out 4 sites I can pick up . I heard a trash hauler picking up residential stops in Yeadon so may be them, not sure if they contract in Yeadon.
Don't see any connections to UHF connect + systems

soberbyker

Premium Subscriber
~snip~

I heard a trash hauler picking up residential stops in Yeadon so may be them, not sure if they contract in Yeadon.

I worked for suburban from 2007 - 2010 and they serviced about 75% of the towns that provided trash service in DELCO, Yeadon was among them. In recent years is seems suburban is shrinking and Yeadon is no longer among the towns they service.

Here's a link where you can put in a zip code and see if that area is serviced by suburban:

https://suburbanwasteservices.com/availability/

Sorry, never took an interest in their radios when I worked there.

philacop

Premium Subscriber
Not sure what suburban waste UHF or 900 dmr. I heard a waste company possibly in delco on the 900 PDV 900 systems and some talking montco and bucks locations on UHF pa trbonet .
May be one of them as allied waste is in the reading site.

Septa3371CSX1

I worked for suburban from 2007 - 2010 and they serviced about 75% of the towns that provided trash service in DELCO, Yeadon was among them. In recent years is seems suburban is shrinking and Yeadon is no longer among the towns they service.

Here's a link where you can put in a zip code and see if that area is serviced by suburban:

https://suburbanwasteservices.com/availability/

Sorry, never took an interest in their radios when I worked there.

Yeadon used to do their trash service in house. Whenever I get a day off where I can go somewhere with good reception I'll try to look into the PDV system more.

The other private waste service in this part of the county is City Wide Services. They do pick ups in Darby Township, Folcroft, and maybe a few other towns. So far I haven't seen any antennas on their trucks (which are rather ancient). I just recently noticed an antenna on another private hauler, Crispin, which is based on Calcon Hook Road in Darby Township near the ESTC. Looked like a small UHF antenna. They only have one or two trucks though.

philacop

Premium Subscriber
septa
i have 4 sites mapped out for pdv wireless and the most active is the philly one. The other 3 are unkown location but I can recieve them, the group id that possibly could be them is 1299984. there a a few ambulance companies on it and philly tow truck wreck chasers ! The system is growing and just went on line last year but its for some good listening ..Antennas on suburban look to be uhf unity gain 6" and have been on the trucks for a few years so maybe not 900 mhz radios? They have many trucks so I guess there is a good amount of voice traffic so should not be too hard to figure!

soberbyker

Premium Subscriber
septa
i have 4 sites mapped out for pdv wireless and the most active is the philly one. The other 3 are unkown location but I can recieve them, the group id that possibly could be them is 1299984. there a a few ambulance companies on it and philly tow truck wreck chasers ! The system is growing and just went on line last year but its for some good listening ..Antennas on suburban look to be uhf unity gain 6" and have been on the trucks for a few years so maybe not 900 mhz radios? They have many trucks so I guess there is a good amount of voice traffic so should not be too hard to figure!

The best time to listen would be in the afternoon as one residential route finishes and calls around to see if another needs help. Otherwise all you'd hear on the residential routes is an occasional missed stop or other complaint.

soberbyker

Premium Subscriber
Yeadon used to do their trash service in house. Whenever I get a day off where I can go somewhere with good reception I'll try to look into the PDV system more.

The other private waste service in this part of the county is City Wide Services. They do pick ups in Darby Township, Folcroft, and maybe a few other towns. So far I haven't seen any antennas on their trucks (which are rather ancient). I just recently noticed an antenna on another private hauler, Crispin, which is based on Calcon Hook Road in Darby Township near the ESTC. Looked like a small UHF antenna. They only have one or two trucks though.

Crispin is mainly commercial trash, although I believe they may do some residential in townships/boroughs where the homeowner contracts for trash for themselves.

A lot of western DELCO does not provide trash service, Middletown, Concord, Chaddsford, Rose Valley, Nether Providence, Edgmont, Bethel, Thornbury, & Chester Heights, if I remember correctly. In these towns you can have several different companies collecting on the same street. Suburban had a couple of this type of route, as well as Opdenaker, J. P. Mascaro, B and L Disposal, Waste Management, Laxton, and probably others that escape my memory at the moment.

radio3353

The best time to listen would be in the afternoon as one residential route finishes and calls around to see if another needs help. Otherwise all you'd hear on the residential routes is an occasional missed stop or other complaint.

People actually listen to trash haulers?

philacop

Premium Subscriber
Yes especially after hearing day in and out 27 years of shootings,stabbings,robberies,domestics,thiefts,vandalisms and humans misbehaving on my work radio !
Scanners and receivers have thousands of frequencies so way waste them.
There are some of us who are radio detectives and love the challenge of finding many other users besides
the ones already known forever and then some.

Septa3371CSX1

Slight bump here but I've been able to determine the channel used by Marple-Newtown School District for school bus operations. It is on a repeater with the output on 159.630 and the input according to the license is 154.4825. The channel is using a 364 DPL. Confirmed it was Marple-Newtown when I heard a mention of Paxon Hollow Elementary. This is using WPMW245 which also has 159.885 listed. This could be a simplex channel 2 but I'm not close enough to monitor for it.

Also of note the license has analog and DMR emissions on it. There are a few UHF frequencies on there as well which I believe is for school admin and security. So far all analog for the VHF school buses.

Septa3371CSX1

On another subject found two licenses for Middletown Township Fire Company (Station 50). They are WQWR534 (WQWR534 (Middletown Fire Company No. 1) FCC Callsign Details) with repeater 460/465.2375 and WQTR733 (WQTR733 (Middletown Fire Company No.1) FCC Callsign Details) which has a repeater on 461/466.350 and a few simplex pairs (all UHF). WQWR534 is listed as being on a tower in Twin Oaks and has Nexedge emission designators while WQTR733 is listed as being at the fire station with all narrow analog emissions. Any idea which frequencies are actually used?

Status
Not open for further replies.