DFW Aircraft Info

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
Hello Everyone,
Since moving to the DFW Metroplex (2.5 years ago), I have been trying to find a better way to gather and store information. As a hobby, I track and monitor radio communications for mostly Law Enforcement, Medevac or Media aircraft. Occasionally I like to track and monitor military and the "Brand Name" training aircraft in the area. I rarely track and monitor civilian or general aviation unless it is being hailed on guard or involved with an incident.
My home QTH is in Addison and my work QTH is in The Colony. At home I am able to monitor with only "stock" portable and a few base scanner. At work I have an SDS100 and a BCD536HP I am able to run off a battery bank, with external NMO 136-870mhz antenna, parked on the 4th level (top of the parking garage).
My point in posting today is to share a link for a google sheet document I have been working on to compile all of my information regarding DFW Aircraft that I like to monitor. I am hoping if someone is interested, they are more than welcome to look through the document and submit any additions, changes or removals to help keep the info up to date, as much as possible.
Thank you to anyone in advance, the information you share is greatly appreciated.

DFW Aircraft Info Link

Last edited:

Alliance01TX

Premium Subscriber
John

I nice log!

Others will likely chime in on what they use as well...

On my part I use (mostly) BuTel Programming Software, so I just create a "new" file and use that as easier for me to then, as needed, to then load to one of my scanners....Optionally, as you are a "Premium Member" you can download (Excel) the various areas of interest via RadioReference Database and that can be exported to your Database as a start - validation point if you don't do that already.

The member BENSCAN has been in the area a long-long time and likely a great source of ideas and things he did, back in the manual tracking days as well...

I mostly follow Military Air (All types) and the various NORAD and various related Mil-Air stuff....including the Special Use Airspace (SUA) and the Air Tanker tracks north (OK) and just south of I-20 (west bound mostly)....Happy to chat or share my files.

Bill
KE5WGR