DFW Airport P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
I have heard that DFW Airport is working on getting their P25 system ready for when they move from the current EDACS system and that they do some testing here and now and am interested in running a discovery to see what I can hear or find on the system, but noticed it doesn't show up to program in Sentinel? I tried to program it myself but had issues and it didn't work. Any clue as to why it doesn't show up on Sentinel to program but does on the RR database?

Also can anyone tell me anything about this system yet? What are the control channels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimco

I have heard that DFW Airport is working on getting their P25 system ready for when they move from the current EDACS system and that they do some testing here and now and am interested in running a discovery to see what I can hear or find on the system, but noticed it doesn't show up to program in Sentinel? I tried to program it myself but had issues and it didn't work. Any clue as to why it doesn't show up on Sentinel to program but does on the RR database?

Also can anyone tell me anything about this system yet? What are the control channels?

Have you updated the master database in Sentinel? Also, depending on how new it is, Uniden may not have picked it up yet.

Jim

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
Have you updated the master database in Sentinel? Also, depending on how new it is, Uniden may not have picked it up yet.

Jim

Yes, I update every time I go to program. It looks like the last time it was updated was over a year ago, so I'm not sure if Uniden not picking it up yet beside if it's age is the issue or not. There's tons of missing information for this system as well. M

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Any clue as to why it doesn't show up on Sentinel to program but does on the RR database?

I believe that Sentinel will ignore systems that have no valid talk groups listed. This is the case of the DFW P25 system listing.

- Chris

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
I know RF Technology was recently awarded a contract to supply P25 repeaters for TSA at all major airports in the US. If DFW built off of that, then the system would be either single site (similar to an intelirepeater arrangement) or EF Johnson based on the control side. However, I haven't heard anything about that system being based upon the RF Technology repeaters…yet.

ecps92

TSA is conventional, not Trunked
I know RF Technology was recently awarded a contract to supply P25 repeaters for TSA at all major airports in the US. If DFW built off of that, then the system would be either single site (similar to an intelirepeater arrangement) or EF Johnson based on the control side. However, I haven't heard anything about that system being based upon the RF Technology repeaters…yet.

6520tkp

forget about

Forget about monitoring DFW police, fire etc., they are going P25 encrypted, if not all ready.

6520tkp

I had a link at one time about DFW going encrypted, if I find it ill post.

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
Forget about monitoring DFW police, fire etc., they are going P25 encrypted, if not all ready.

They are currently still on their EDACS system, which to my knowledge is not running any encryption.

I can see airport Police going encrypted on the new system, but I'm not sure if Fire will follow. It seems they do a lot of work with surrounding cities, so I would be a bit surprised, even with interoperability features. I am honestly more surprised airport DPS and operations didn't end up on the Fort Worth Regional Radio systems like other large P25 systems have done with lager airports.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
They are currently still on their EDACS system, which to my knowledge is not running any encryption.

I can see airport Police going encrypted on the new system, but I'm not sure if Fire will follow. It seems they do a lot of work with surrounding cities, so I would be a bit surprised, even with interoperability features. I am honestly more surprised airport DPS and operations didn't end up on the Fort Worth Regional Radio systems like other large P25 systems have done with lager airports.

Reason why is it is politics. There are a multitude of systems running in the DFW area (Denton, Parker, Fort Worth, Dallas and a few others).

It's not like the Austin area where CoA was fairly open about others connecting to their core.

6520tkp

Try this link

https://forums.radioreference.com/t...63-dfw-airport-public-safety.html#post2546220

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
It's been up several weeks now with testing, some in the clear, and some encrypted.

SID: 03CCh-0101 WACN: 00001

Talkgroups in the 1### decimal ranges so far.

Someone with a little better knowledge should take a look at this.

ULS Application - Business/Industrial/Land Trans, 809-824/854-869 MHz, Trunked - 0007866348 - DALLAS FORT WORTH INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

It is P25 and is significantly different than what is in the database. I am not a unitrunker expert but I think there is a control channel up on 857.3875.

Alliance01TX

Premium Subscriber
DFW Public Safety Radio - New System

DFW Airport Public Safety folks are in the process of moving off the current system and will be replaced by a EF Johnson P25 system.

Highly likely the PD side will be encrypted at minimum I suspect.

Testing is in progress on the new P25 system now and cut-over later this winter is estimated. Thus, if you are scanning and seeing a few "new" frequencies or P25 activity and such in the DFW Airport area it may well be the pre-testing, etc....

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
Hearing some activity tonight, nothing really intelligible though. Signal is pretty choppy too, I must be JUST inside the range. Will be interesting to see what happens over the next few weeks.

patchman

I work at DFW and the changeover will be sometime in March to the new system. We had a radio tech in our office checking our radio for TG's and they were using one of the new radios and they sound great. Time to get rid of the Ericcson radios as they are ancient bricks.

patchman

The new system is supposed to go live next week. Waiting for my 436 to come in so I can try and find TG.
My department will have limited TG in our radios. I will be going through training on the new radios so I will try to get some photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.