DMR Decode Limit Mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goaheadover

Banned
My DMR will not decode in limit mode or conventional mode. I dont understand what I am doing wrong. My trunk systems decode fine in DMR mode but convention will not. Any ideas? In videos I have seen on youtube searching in limit mode will decode the DMR audio, and display colour code, time slot and talkgroup... do i need to edit a setting for it to decode in limit search mode?

Last edited:

Ubbe

In limit search, does it say "au" in front of the frequencies? Is the bandplan correctly set so that the search uses the correct step size?

/Ubbe

troymail

Silent Key
Assuming you have all updates in place, conventional frequencies need to set the "Mode" to "DMR".

The activity should decode in limit search mode as long as you have a good DMR signal that is carrying voice. You may hear a signal and believe it to be DMR but it might be other than voice.

goaheadover

Banned
Assuming you have all updates in place, conventional frequencies need to set the "Mode" to "DMR".

The activity should decode in limit search mode as long as you have a good DMR signal that is carrying voice. You may hear a signal and believe it to be DMR but it might be other than voice.

Yes "au" is in front of the frequencies. The thing is I can scan a DMR trunk ssystem works great! Decodes as normal.
The problem only is when I am trying conventional. It doesn't even attempt to decode the digital signal. I've read the manual several times. I can program a congenital frequency on my tyt DMR radio works fine but the Trx won't decode. The only reason this is a big deal if because I want to find the parameters of different systems. Thanks again for the help folks! Really is appreciated

Ubbe

Make a new attempt when you have updated with the nxdn firmware when it is available later today.
Must be some strange things in your firmware as it looks as if you have everything in place.
I have an issue when I add a TG to a trunked system, is says I already have that TG programmed but it always triggers the wildcard and the TG is nowhere to be seen. I also hope for a fix when I upgrade.

/Ubbe

goaheadover

Banned
Make a new attempt when you have updated with the nxdn firmware when it is available later today.
Must be some strange things in your firmware as it looks as if you have everything in place.
I have an issue when I add a TG to a trunked system, is says I already have that TG programmed but it always triggers the wildcard and the TG is nowhere to be seen. I also hope for a fix when I upgrade.

/Ubbe

That was exactly my issue, thanks so much for the help folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.