BCD325P2/BCD996P2: DMR help

Sasquatch2311

Premium Subscriber
I have a uniden bcd996p2 and i bought the dmr upgrade and i found 18 frequencies on digitalfrequencysearch.com but not sure how to program it into my scanner dont know the color code it just has a frequency its for Morgan County Ohio

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Not sure what you're using for programming software but in all likelihood it has an interface to data here at RR. Your premium subscriber status should allow you to access and download systems. If you're doing it by hand you can still enter info based on the data here. Just search the database for the systems you're looking for or your area.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I have a uniden bcd996p2 and i bought the dmr upgrade and i found 18 frequencies on digitalfrequencysearch.com but not sure how to program it into my scanner dont know the color code it just has a frequency its for Morgan County Ohio

This is a great question for the UNIDEN forum since it is a programming question, not general scanning.

To get better responses you should click the report button and ask for it to be moved, please do not start a new thread as double posting is discouraged.

ki7be

I have the same radio with the DMR upgrade. All you need to do is enter the frequency into an existing system and let the radio determine if the signal is analog or digital. No need to know the CC or TS. For example I have conventional systme name ham radio. This system has a group called 70cm. This is where I enter the frequencies for both analog and DMR repeaters. The scanner can tell the difference.

everydayrob

I have the same radio with the DMR upgrade. All you need to do is enter the frequency into an existing system and let the radio determine if the signal is analog or digital. No need to know the CC or TS. For example I have conventional systme name ham radio. This system has a group called 70cm. This is where I enter the frequencies for both analog and DMR repeaters. The scanner can tell the difference.
Please forgive me.I'm new to this. Please explain the mearing CC or TS?

tvengr

Well Known Member
No need to know the CC or TS.
Please forgive me.I'm new to this. Please explain the mearing CC or TS?
For DMR (Digital Mobile Radio), CC could be control channel or color code. TS could be trunked system or time slot. Responder needs to be a little more explicit and avoid the use of abbreviations which a new user may not understand. A color code is like a PL tone (CTCSS - Continuous Tone Coded Squelch System) on analog frequencies. Motorola uses PL for Private Line which is its name for CTCSS. You will be able to receive only transmissions which have the same color code as what you have programmed even though there may be several users on the same frequency. DMR is TDMA (Time Division Multiple Access). DMR has 2 audio channels (Slots) per frequency. There can be 2 conversations at the same time on a single frequency. If you look in the Mode column in the database, DMR talkgroups have a Mode of "T" for TDMA.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
i found 18 frequencies on digitalfrequencysearch.com but not sure how to program it into my scanner dont know the color code it just has a frequency
Digitalfrequencysearch is just a data dump aggregator pulling up licenses that simply contain DMR, NXDN &/or P25 emissions designators. Just because the frequencies are listed in the report doesn't guarantee they're all active nor that the licensee is indeed operating using DMR (or any other digital mode). Plenty of agencies are licensed for DMR operation but still use analog. If the data isn't known to the Radioreference database it's basically just trial and error to find out which are active, determine TGIDs, CCs, etc. You'll need to plug each frequency individually (perhaps via a quick search?) to check for activity. Be sure to submit your findings to the database once you've confirmed the aforementioned info, agency(ies) and use.

Last edited:

lu81fitter

On the 996P2, you can program any frequency you want in. If your radio has the DMR upgrade, it will decode a DMR signal no matter if it's programmed as DMR or not. I have 2 DMR systems near me that I listen to. To speed up scanning, I program them into a conventional analog group. They decode just fine, but you cannot separate the slots. These are not busy systems, so it works just fine. Just dump them in. You'll know quickly if you need to reprogram as a DMR system or not. It won't hurt anything.