DMR new system programming question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mully95

I set up a DMR one-frequency-trunk system for Oconee County on 460.6125, on my 536. ID Search is turned on, and mode is set to the default of NFM. I ran Discovery in trunked mode on this system for about 20 hours. It identified 40 TGID's, all with voice traffic. See the attached list of these TGID's. This seems like a high number of talkgroups for a small county of 75,000 residents. Please note that some of the talkgroups are 7 or 8 digits long, which doesn't seem normal.

Question (to UPMAN or anyone else who can answer): Is it possible that my 536 is logging some of these talkgroups in error, or can we assume they are all correct. I plan to submit some info to RRDB on this system after I am reasonably sure that the data is correct.

Thanks, in advance, for your help!

I can't answer your question but since I live in the area I will run a Discovery in trunked mode ( just like you did) and then compare the results with yours.

Ok.... right now I am getting Law enforement talk with TGID 1000. I belive this is Oconee County Sheriff dispatch.

Last edited:

KF4JYE

Premium Subscriber
Yesterday, I drove up to Oconee County (Seneca and Walhalla). I monitored 460.6125 on my 536 for about an hour. The only TGID heard was 1000. At the same time, I ran Discovery on 460.0875 on my 436. Similarly, the only TGID logged was also 1000. Not sure if these 2 sites are simulcast or not, but it is interesting that only 1 TGID was found.

I now think that the multiple TGID's I discovered a couple of days ago were probably "false positives," due to weak signals being monitored 25-30 miles away. When the signal strength is strong, as yesterday, the TGID situation is more accurate. I will have to conduct more experiments to validate this idea.

BTW, I am using firmware version 1.11.17 on both my 436 and 536.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
It is likely due to minor data drops causing false ID data on weak or interefered signal.

KG6GTH

Premium Subscriber
Discovery Mode

This may be the wrong forum, but can someone explain Discovery Mode? I am trying to locate talk group ID when I have the color code and slot #'s from normal search for mode..

Thanks!
Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.