• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

DMR option - questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
For those of you that have the DMR option, when programming a DMR frequency, can you specify a time slot and color code in the software?

MonitoringDelCo

Premium Subscriber
Yes. In PPS, you first set the protocol in D3. When programming your knob position in D5, you can select the protocol type (DMR), the alias (Slot Number), and the DMR Color Code (1-15). See the attached screenshots.

Attachments

• DMR0.png
    DMR0.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 28
  • DMR1.png
    DMR1.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 27

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Thanks!
I presume that the PPS will only display the DMR options if your particular pager model number has those options enabled? I currently have a G4 without DMR, and I have never seen any options for DMR in the PPS (v0.3.14.15)

N6ML

I presume that the PPS will only display the DMR options if your particular pager model number has those options enabled? I currently have a G4 without DMR, and I have never seen any options for DMR in the PPS (v0.3.14.15)

Correct... but you can create a profile for a G4B67BF-* to experiment with, even if you don't have one with that model.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Correct... but you can create a profile for a G4B67BF-* to experiment with, even if you don't have one with that model.
Thanks; I did not know that! I have a G5 on the way because I wanted UHF and DMR options.

N6ML

Thanks; I did not know that! I have a G5 on the way because I wanted UHF and DMR options.

In that case, create a profile for a G5B67BF-SXU?EN1401UNI (where '?' is the UHF option that you selected) - you'll be able to use that profile once you get the hardware.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
In that case, create a profile for a G5B67BF-SXU?EN1401UNI (where '?' is the UHF option that you selected) - you'll be able to use that profile once you get the hardware.

I selected the 400-470 MHz range. Which option would that be?

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Setting up a codeplug for G5.
If I want to monitor a DMR frequency that has multiple talkgroups on it, such as the DMR-MARC net, is there a wildcard type feature that will play all traffic regardless of talkgroup or timeslot? It appears that you have to set up a separate entry for each timeslot and every potential talkgroup.

MonitoringDelCo

Premium Subscriber
You can use the DMR talk group wildcard FFFCDF; however, the correct timeslot and color code are required. So if you are interested in monitoring a system that uses both timeslots, you will have to program one knob position with slot 1 and another knob position with slot 2. You will then have to create a third knob position to scan between those (see attached image).

Attachments

• DMR Scan.png
    DMR Scan.png
    4 KB · Views: 29
Status
Not open for further replies.