DMR Programming Question - BCD 536

Status
Not open for further replies.

mondaro

Feed Provider
Hello,

I am trying to program a frequency in the 536 which is a simplex UHF frequency along with the
color code, I can not get it to work using one frequency DMR I can not get the radio to decode
not even keying up near the scanner with a DMR two way radio next to the scanner.

However if I program a DMR system using a repeater the radio decodes fine. Can anyone
give me any idea how I correct this mind-boggling situation.

Thank You.

Tony M.
New Jersey

kma371

QRT
Hello,

I am trying to program a frequency in the 536 which is a simplex UHF frequency along with the
color code, I can not get it to work using one frequency DMR I can not get the radio to decode
not even keying up near the scanner with a DMR two way radio next to the scanner.

However if I program a DMR system using a repeater the radio decodes fine. Can anyone
give me any idea how I correct this mind-boggling situation.

Thank You.

Tony M.
New Jersey

When you do one freq DMR, are you turning ID search "on""

racingfan360

The DMR Simplex decoding capabilities of the BCDx36HP are a bit rubbish.

For best results, try adding the frequency as a Quick Frequency Save. Make sure Modulation is set to FM (FUNC+CHAN/MOD until it cycles through to FM). Then go to MENU > Srch/CloCal Opt > Digital Wait time set to 400ms, Digital Threshold set to Manual, Digital Threshold Level set to 5.

Adding as a Quick Frequency Save also means you should see TGID and Unit ID (another rubbish aspect of the BCDx36HP is that you can't add a Conventional frequency with an alpha tag and still see this info).

Status
Not open for further replies.