TRX-1: DMR Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fr8Trayn

One of my local police depts just switched over to DMR. I have the frequency and I have programmed it in with EZ-Scan and I can't pick them up. I programmed it in as a conventional channel. I have it programmed in as follows....
Mode: DMR
Color Code: Any
Time Slot:Any
Talkgrp ID: Any
DMode: Auto

They aren't running any kind of encrytion on the normal dispatch channel. I've even talked to the gentleman that helped to prgram the radios and is familiar with the setup and he says that I should be able to hear them.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

troymail

Silent Key
One of my local police depts just switched over to DMR. I have the frequency and I have programmed it in with EZ-Scan and I can't pick them up. I programmed it in as a conventional channel. I have it programmed in as follows....
Mode: DMR
Color Code: Any
Time Slot:Any
Talkgrp ID: Any
DMode: Auto

They aren't running any kind of encrytion on the normal dispatch channel. I've even talked to the gentleman that helped to prgram the radios and is familiar with the setup and he says that I should be able to hear them.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Given DMR is digital, it should not matter but the DMode should be Digital.

Curious, what is the frequency? I thought I noticed a law enforcement agency using DMR when I drove through that area not that long ago.

Ubbe

Program them as conventional analog and try to hear the digital data. If you hear nada you'll also decode nada. If you hear the signalling, go to tune mode and listen, it will automaticly switch to decode the signal if it is a valid one.

/Ubbe

Fr8Trayn

Hey guys thanks for the info. I actually caught them on Spectrum Sweeper tonight driving through town on the way home from work. I did a limit search from 158.00 to 159.50...switched DMR on and BAMMMM...there they were. It decoded the time slot as 1 and color code as 10 and gave radio IDs as well. Pretty sweet. I just saved it then imported it into my EZ-Scan database from scanner so I wouldn't lose it and renamed it. Working just fine now. @Troymail...Enfield Police Department Halifax County NC 158.82 DMR

Fr8Trayn

@Ubbe...I have no clue. It was the right info and it just wasn't receiving it. When the Spectrum Sweeper picked it up all of a sudden the channel that I originally programmed started working and it's been OK ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.