Saint

Premium Subscriber
I submitted this to the RR Database
172.72500 BMCC 7
TG 107
SL 1 WalkerAggregatesWalker Aggregates DMR Business 172.72500 BMCC 7
TG 107
SL 2 WalkerAggregatesWalker Aggregates DMR Business

Now I see that there is another Color Code on this. Color Code 6 with a TG of 106.
Is this something that is done a lot having different Color Codes? Could they not just put one TG on slot-1 and the other TG on slot 2?
This is the first time I have seen this so I don't know.

Any information Appreciated
Steve

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I believe a DMR repeater will have only one color code.
Bill
I am keeping a close eye on the frequency to see if there is another company using this same frequency but I thought I was listening to the same dispatcher. I could be wrong and it may have something to do with the signal I am receiving on the frequency.

I am going on a road trip next week and I am going to be right in their back yard, so I will see what happens.

Ubbe

I've seen Color Codes being false detected on Uniden scanners from time to time. Listening with a Whistler scanner and 2-way DMR radios that are coded with a specific Color Code still receives as if the Color Code are always the same.

It's just the Uniden scanner that shows different Color Codes. These false decode of Color Code and RAS and probably encryption makes Uniden scanner skip some DMR conversations. I try to always use search on as much parameters as possible due to the unreliability in the decoding process.

Can you double check using DSD+ or by some other way? I also believe that a repeater with one frequency cannot be programmed with two different Color Codes.

/Ubbe

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I've seen Color Codes being false detected on Uniden scanners from time to time. Listening with a Whistler scanner and 2-way DMR radios that are coded with a specific Color Code still receives as if the Color Code are always the same.

It's just the Uniden scanner that shows different Color Codes. These false decode of Color Code and RAS and probably encryption makes Uniden scanner skip some DMR conversations. I try to always use search on as much parameters as possible due to the unreliability in the decoding process.

Can you double check using DSD+ or by some other way? I also believe that a repeater with one frequency cannot be programmed with two different Color Codes.

/Ubbe
I had the frequency in all day as conventional scanning it and Color Code 6 was coming up. I will be spending the day in Niagara Falls, Ont. next week and I will be very close to this antenna and see if this helps.
I don't want to try and set up my one old dongle and try and run DSD+. It's a pain in the neck doing so, and I never could get it to run the way it should. Thanks for the information
Steve

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
A repeater can only be set to 1 color code per channel. But I suppose there is nothing to stop you from programming in the same frequency with different color codes, however I can't imagine why you would want to do that. Obviously a repeater is usually just parked on one frequency pair and never changes.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I submitted this to the RR Database
172.72500 BMCC 7
TG 107
SL 1 WalkerAggregatesWalker Aggregates DMR Business 172.72500 BMCC 7
TG 107
SL 2 WalkerAggregatesWalker Aggregates DMR Business

Now I see that there is another Color Code on this. Color Code 6 with a TG of 106.
Is this something that is done a lot having different Color Codes? Could they not just put one TG on slot-1 and the other TG on slot 2?
This is the first time I have seen this so I don't know.

Any information Appreciated
Steve
Was watching the frequency today and also saw color code 4 so I am having a problem with the SDS100 scanner or the signal coming in, I will be receiving my new 436 HP scanner tomorrow and see what that shows.
Steve

gary123

maybe different color codes for different sites. They may only have the 1 freq so are using the color codes as a PL tone.

Ubbe

Was watching the frequency today and also saw color code 4 so I am having a problem with the SDS100 scanner or the signal coming in, I will be receiving my new 436 HP scanner tomorrow and see what that shows.
False decoding of DMR parameters are happening with my 536, I have almost only DMR systems to monitor, and the firmware code to handle the decoding process are copied to the SDS scanners so they will have the same type of bugs.

/Ubbe

WA0CBW

Premium Subscriber
Do you know the FCC call sign? The FCC license should show all the transmitter locations. Or search the FCC database for licensed users of that frequency and their emissions type.
Bill

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Do you know the FCC call sign? The FCC license should show all the transmitter locations. Or search the FCC database for licensed users of that frequency and their emissions type.
Bill
This is a Canadian Frequency

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Duhhhhh......I get bit by that all the time. You would think would learn.
Bill
I do the same thing from time to time. I try and slow down and think before I send a post.
I am suffering from a serious problem that crops up from time to time. My fingers kick in and I press POST before my brain kicks in, terrible affliction :eek:

gary123

I am suffering from a serious problem that crops up from time to time. My fingers kick in and I press POST before my brain kicks in, terrible affliction

This is my normal state of mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.