Doj

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireRescueMedic11

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Im not sure, but i remember hearing something a few years back that the DOJ was implimenting a Nationwide private IDEN System for DOJ Outfits, Can anyone confirm this?

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
I don't know about an IDEN system. Is it possible that you mean the IWIN system? If so, that system was originally supposed to be in place by now. However, they are WAY behind on implementation. It is supposed to be a joint venture between DOJ, DHS and Treasury.

FireRescueMedic11

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
That's prob what i was thinking, is it like a P25 Voice system? or is it primarilly a Computer System? and is there any freqs for this system that you know of and what area's will it be deployed?

Firetxmi

Here is the Database info on the system:

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=3509

I remember I found the CC in Michigan a while back. I couldn't figure out who it could be, but thanks to RR I was able to identify it. It was strange because it was so out of place for the plan that was being implemented.

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
FireRescueMedic11 said:
That's prob what i was thinking, is it like a P25 Voice system? or is it primarilly a Computer System? and is there any freqs for this system that you know of and what area's will it be deployed?

I also heard from a very reliable source that this system is supposed to be P25 and 100% encrypted upon completion. There was also talk about having a repeater-only system vs. repeaters AND simplex channels. The original consulting company that interviewed the end users in the field were against simplex channels. I don't know if this issue was ever resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.