Driver problem with Windows 7/64

Status
Not open for further replies.

frmichaud

Premium Subscriber
I just bought a brand new BCD536HD and dowlnloaded the firmware upgrade and pay and install the DMR and Provoice upgrades
When I want to connect the BCD to my computer W7/64 I entered in MASS STORAGE mode but the BCD is not seen by the Sentinel software

I check Device Manager and see that when I connect the BCD a new category appears "PORTABLE DEVICES" with a driver called "WPD FileSystem Volume Driver
when this driver appear in Device Manager for a few seconds the BCD display turn black and Portable Devices disapered and only solution power off and on

How can i remove these files and install the proper driver to read and write data in my BCD

Thanks
Francois

dcisive

I assume you've hit "Refresh" on the window you load or update the software with in Sentinel? after you plug it in and choose the "E" or "yes" key and have opened up the Sentinel program opening up the box to load or update the software?

marksmith

In system manager find your device, go to drivers, and update driver. Point it to the directory where you have the 436 software and drivers. (Copy everything from your SD card to a directory on your hard drive if you haven't)

It will find and install the correct driver for the device.

Mark
536/436/WS1095/HP1/HP2/996T/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800/15X/others

frmichaud

Premium Subscriber
I have tried to update the driver with the proper one I have in 536 folder, it does not work

I have a message that the driver WPD File system is up to date
"Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date"
"The best driver software for your device is already installed"

I am searching a solution to remove this driver and install the proper one

Other thing when the 536 screen turn black and the driver deseapeard from Device manager windows, I have a window asking if I want to format the card in the 536

Thanks for your help

Last edited:

marksmith

Does it install the right one and it doesn't work, or is it refusing to install the correct one?

Can't tell from your comment. You might need to uninstall the other one first if that is the case, but installing always worked for me.

The .inf file needs to be in the folder you point to.

Mark
536/436/WS1095/HP1/HP2/996T/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800/15X/others

frmichaud

Premium Subscriber
The 536 installed a WRONG driver "WPD FileSystem Volume Driver" and it is impossible to uninstall it to have the proper driver installed
I need help to remove "WPD FileSystem Volume Driver ", after I will be abble to install the proper driver
Thanks for your help

phask

Premium Subscriber
Actually, Windows installed a wrong driver. It's not an issue with the scanner.

WPD FileSystem Volume Driver errors seem to be pretty common - a simple Google search shows tones of issues. What PC? Some seem worse than others.

Getting hard to find solutions as I believe you have Vista and few newer reports.

Do USB Drives work, external drives, or other storage devices.

I have no solution. If I remember correctly it should see it as a generic MASS STORAGE DEVICE. Will someone confirm this???

The 536 installed a WRONG driver "WPD FileSystem Volume Driver" and it is impossible to uninstall it to have the proper driver installed
I need help to remove "WPD FileSystem Volume Driver ", after I will be abble to install the proper driver
Thanks for your help

frmichaud

Premium Subscriber
I am Using a HP ZBook with Windows 7/64, all my USB ports work fine with Drives, CD reader and memory sticks
It isthe first time taht I have a wrong driver installed

Status
Not open for further replies.