PSR500/PSR600: driver

ofd354

Premium Subscriber
I am trying it right now the good scanner says waiting start

ofd354

Premium Subscriber
Trying to clone them the good scanner says waiting start the bad scanner says polling sender nothing happening

tvengr

Well Known Member
It is beginning to sound like the scanner that doesn't work has a problem transmitting data. That would explain why you are having problems with the programming cable. That would also explain why you are unable to update the firmware. You do not use the cable driver to clone the scanners. Where did you buy the scanner? If you recently purchased it, I would see if you can return it as being defective.

tvengr

Well Known Member
If the bad scanner shows polling sender, it received the message that the good scanner wants to send programming data. Since the good scanner still says waiting start, it is not receiving a message from the bad scanner to start transmitting. Make sure you read my previous post #24. Make sure plugs are fully seated in both scanners.

Last edited:

ofd354

Premium Subscriber
clone worked but still will not pick up trunking. my good scanner sitting right beside the bad one does pickup runking also the t is not flashing on the bad scanner

tvengr

Well Known Member
Check your squelch setting. Plug in the programming cable to your computer and go the Device Manager. Expand Ports (COM & LPT). Do you see USB Serial Port (COMx) where x is the port number?

ofd354

Premium Subscriber
i checked firmware on bad scanner still says F1.1 DSP F 1.1 DSP Voc 1.0 good scanner says F1.9 DSP F1.4 DSP voc 1.0

ofd354

Premium Subscriber
my pc says unable to open com 5 when i try to test it

tvengr

Well Known Member
Those are firmware updaters, not programming software. The 3 software apps for the PSR-600 are ARC500, Win500, and PSREdit500.

tvengr

Well Known Member
With the programming cable plugged into the computer, ARC500 will show a file is transferring to the scanner even if no scanner is connected. You need to look at the scanner display to see if a file is actually transferring. If you are showing a COM port, the cable should work. Just for the devil of it, close ARC500, connect your scanner to your computer, and run the CPU firmware updater for boot version F10 again. Make sure that you are running the extracted file.